Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is New Venetian Gold granite on the light side?

Posted by terri76 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 17:41

My cabinets are a honey maple color. I brought home a sample of New venetian gold granite and I liked the way it looked. It seemed to have a little darkness to it but still picked up the honey color in my cabinets. But when I saw pictures of it in kitchens, it looked on the light side. Could this just be from the flash of the camera or is this granite really on the light side?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is New Venetian Gold granite on the light side?

I have honey brown cabs with NVG - I think it's really a mid-toned granite. It's definitely not light nor dark. Just a word of warning- you can never see crumbs on it ;-), not necessarily a bad thing.

Helene

o

Helene, what kind of backsplash did you go with? (pics if possible) Is the 4 inch backsplash from the same granite out of style?

o

Terri,

Mine isn't exactly NVG but it's basically the same. We used a tumble marble backsplash in our kitchen. It does seem that the 4 inch backsplash is out of style; although we did use it in our bathrooms.

o

Here is my inspiration board. The granite image to the right labelled NVG = new venetian gold. I'm trying to choose between this inspiration board and the "white and black" kitchen look.

o

I have a full tumbled ivory travertine backsplash with the NVG - no 4" granite. Here's a picture before we changed the outlets...It also appears to be before it was sealed/enhanced.

Helene

o

Thanks for the pictures. Your kitchens are beautiful. I only hope mine will look as nice.

o

Our granite people had 2 types of NVG ... One they called NVG light and one they called NVG dark. I have pics I can upload if you want ? but not tonight ... on iPad. And well into the raspberry daiquiris. :)

o

I need to see pictures of New Venetian Gold with white cabinets.....Shaker style if possible. I'm about to renovate my kitchen and have chosen white cabinets, white appliances, and maybe NVG countertops. Thanks!

o

I also would like to see more pictures of New Venetian Gold with White Cabinets. I can't find the poster who used this combination with the pretty backsplash and the running bond tiles back in 2011.

o

New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets looks so nice. Not the post I was looking for as I loved the one with the running bond tiles someone posted in the backsplash forum but this kitchen is beautiful also.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets

o

Blubird can I see a bigger picture of your cabinets with it? I am so happy someone started this thread. We just picked a darker nvg and now wondering which backsplash will look good with it without looking too busy. Please keep those pics coming!

o

I would love updated pictures of White cabinets with New Venetian Gold Counters since I am trying to decide if a gray counter or NVG would look nice with my tiles and cabinets. It seems more people are using gray but the NVG samples look nice with my floors.

o

Emily, if you're still reading this thread here is a slightly wider view of my kitchen. I just realized that the big view picture I have was pre- backsplash. It's been done for 4 years now and we still love it but I guess I need to take a new big picture.

blubird

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here