Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terri761

Is New Venetian Gold granite on the light side?

terri76
11 years ago

My cabinets are a honey maple color. I brought home a sample of New venetian gold granite and I liked the way it looked. It seemed to have a little darkness to it but still picked up the honey color in my cabinets. But when I saw pictures of it in kitchens, it looked on the light side. Could this just be from the flash of the camera or is this granite really on the light side?

Comments (17)

• blubird
    11 years ago

I have honey brown cabs with NVG - I think it's really a mid-toned granite. It's definitely not light nor dark. Just a word of warning- you can never see crumbs on it ;-), not necessarily a bad thing.

Helene

• terri76
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Helene, what kind of backsplash did you go with? (pics if possible) Is the 4 inch backsplash from the same granite out of style?

• Eyegirlie
    11 years ago

Terri,

Mine isn't exactly NVG but it's basically the same. We used a tumble marble backsplash in our kitchen. It does seem that the 4 inch backsplash is out of style; although we did use it in our bathrooms.

• snowbean
    11 years ago

Here is my inspiration board. The granite image to the right labelled NVG = new venetian gold. I'm trying to choose between this inspiration board and the "white and black" kitchen look.

• blubird
    11 years ago

I have a full tumbled ivory travertine backsplash with the NVG - no 4" granite. Here's a picture before we changed the outlets...It also appears to be before it was sealed/enhanced.

Helene

• terri76
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. Your kitchens are beautiful. I only hope mine will look as nice.

• angela12345
    11 years ago

Our granite people had 2 types of NVG ... One they called NVG light and one they called NVG dark. I have pics I can upload if you want ? but not tonight ... on iPad. And well into the raspberry daiquiris. :)

• katvaldez
    11 years ago

I need to see pictures of New Venetian Gold with white cabinets.....Shaker style if possible. I'm about to renovate my kitchen and have chosen white cabinets, white appliances, and maybe NVG countertops. Thanks!

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I also would like to see more pictures of New Venetian Gold with White Cabinets. I can't find the poster who used this combination with the pretty backsplash and the running bond tiles back in 2011.

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets looks so nice. Not the post I was looking for as I loved the one with the running bond tiles someone posted in the backsplash forum but this kitchen is beautiful also.

Here is a link that might be useful: New Venetian Gold Countertop with White Cabinets

• Emily Saba
    10 years ago

Blubird can I see a bigger picture of your cabinets with it? I am so happy someone started this thread. We just picked a darker nvg and now wondering which backsplash will look good with it without looking too busy. Please keep those pics coming!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I would love updated pictures of White cabinets with New Venetian Gold Counters since I am trying to decide if a gray counter or NVG would look nice with my tiles and cabinets. It seems more people are using gray but the NVG samples look nice with my floors.

• blubird
    9 years ago

Emily, if you're still reading this thread here is a slightly wider view of my kitchen. I just realized that the big view picture I have was pre- backsplash. It's been done for 4 years now and we still love it but I guess I need to take a new big picture.

blubird

• Donna DiRisio Scheible
    6 years ago

Blubird, I hope you are still following this thread. My cabinets are the same color as yours and NVG granite will be installed soon. Looking for back splash ideas I came across yours. Can I ask where you purchased the glass tiles? Thanks!

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    6 years ago

I am a fabricator. You can't accurately assess color match from a video screen or printed color sample. For technical reasons (I used to be a technical manager in the printing industry) the color rendition of computer displays and 4 or even 5 color printing is at best a close approximation of the actual color.

Additionally, the color and hue of a particular granite can vary significantly from lot to lot so even comparing to a sample is risky unless the sample is from the slab(s) you fabricator will use for your counters.

The safe thing to do is take a cabinet door or other sample of the finished wood to the fabricator and do a color match with the slabs that will be used to make your counters.

• Donna DiRisio Scheible
    6 years ago

Thanks, Blubird. I'll keep looking locally (Rochester, NY) for something similar. I like the simplicity of your glass tile but yet it makes a statement. I already have the ivory travertine, which I'll seal with an enhancer.