Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gabytx12_gw

help!! granite meltdown!! please help granite experts!! anyone!!

gabytx12
9 years ago

OK, I just picked my granite slab and I am freaking out!!
I think it might be to much black, but that could just be the photo. This is basic granite...giallo ornamental, ornamental classic, ornamental guidoni..nothing fancy here.
But I am scared it has to much black and not enough brown. photo of the slab attached. I will attach� photos of my cabinets after, the cream color going on perimeter kitchen, the dark brown/maple going on island.

Comments (15)

• gabytx12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are my cabinet colors.

• gabytx12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Thank you MrsShayne....tan is just perfect!!

You cant believe how much I appreciate you saying that!!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

The color of that slab will be perfect with your cabinets :)

I think we all freak out a little bit after settling on a stone. That whole "written in stone" thing keep swirling through my mind, intensifying my panic attacks.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I think it's pretty, not too much black at all. It goes really well with your cabinet colors.

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

def does not read "black"....

reads more cream/gray to me (on my monitor)

if u can, put a sample of cabs next to slab and then i think u will be tell if this is "the one"

• amykath
    9 years ago

Definitely rads light and creamy to me too. The black is minimal. It's going to look great!! I like cab choices too!

• Gracie
    9 years ago

It looks gray, not brown, so it's a cool tone. I wouldn't want the appearance of a yellow stain running across my counter. I know there's better slabs of Giallo out there.

• poohpup
    9 years ago

If you don't love it, keep looking. I can't judge the color of the cabinets with the stone because they aren't in the same picture. You really need to see a sample of the stone with the door samples in your kitchen to see how they play off each other. My monitor is showing your cream cabinet as yellow with green undertones.

You should love your choice, not be freaked out by it. Keep looking. :)

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I agree with poohpup. No one can see colors accurately online, anyway.

Pay attention to patterns you like too, not just color. There are stones in the same family that look quite different, color and pattern wise.

• zorroslw1
    9 years ago

I squished the 2 pics together as much as possible to view them close together and when I did the cabinet colors really brought a brown tone out of the granite. It looked great together.

• rightdi_gw
    9 years ago

I actually think the "black" vein on the slab makes it very pretty. This particular granite is "common", but that actually makes it look very unique. Enjoy!

• gabytx12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are great! I really do feel much better about the choice now! Im going to take my cabinet samples down in morning to double check. Which I said I was going to do in beginning and did not.
    thanks again everyone!

• gabytx12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You guys are great! I really do feel much better about the choice now! Im going to take my cabinet samples down in morning to double check. Which I said I was going to do in beginning and did not.
    thanks again everyone!

• poohpup
    9 years ago

Don't just take the sample doors there to check. Make sure they look good together in the granite yard, but then take all three samples (granite and cabs) back home to check them in your light. You really need to see them together in your space with your lighting. Crazy how much of a difference that makes. Good luck!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz