Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify this beautiful stone backsplash tile?

Posted by Fun2Learn (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 5, 12 at 17:30

HI everyone. I really love this backsplash tile in the photo below--it looks like some sort of stone--maybe a type of slate or quartzite stone? Can anyone help me locate it, or at least give me a name to look under? Boxerpups posted this beautiful photo for me, from her collection of inspiring photos, (she is so very helpful!), when I was asking about backsplash tiles several months ago. I then got very busy and put the backsplash on hold, but kept thinking about the backsplash in this photo. We are finally ready to make a decision and install the backsplash(after a year of going back and forth, LOL!) I think this is the look we are after, and that it would look great with our honey-spice maple cabinets and cream colored granite, which has grey and light gold streaks and speckles of garnet, which would seem to tie in with the colors in this stone. I also think it would look great and help tie-in with the brick fireplace in the adjoining family room. (what do you all think?)
Thanks in advance for any help!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify this beautiful stone backsplash tile?

It looks like the botticcino fiorito marble I almost chose for the master vanity. Very pretty!

o

HI. I am bumping this up to try again. I looked up the botticcino fiorito marble, that one poster thought it looked like, but from what I can see on the internet, I don't think that is it. Any other thoughts?

o

Falling Water Slate tile? Maybe the Desert Gold?

o

It looks like limestone to me.

o

Where did you get the photo? If the designers name is mentioned anywhere, you can email them and ask. I emailed the designer of my inspiration kitchen a few questions and she replied quickly. Let us know if you find out.

o

Could this be it? I found it on houzz.com. I attached the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: tile?

o
Thanks, Everyone!

I had wondered if it might be Falling Water slate(I had seen that tile on this forum months ago). I do like Falling Water,(though I've never seen in it person, only in photos.) However, I believe that the stones in Falling water are only either 1" or 3/4" high, and the ones in the "mystery photo" appear to have some larger ones in there. I would like some larger ones like that. Maybe I could call the company to be sure.
epressler--thanks so much for the link. I followed it, and fortunately, the photo had a tag (hover over with the mouse) giving the name of the supplier and of the stone!! How cool is that (don't you wish all those design photos did that!)So I googled, and I will put the link below to the tile supplier, Statements Tile, for anyone else who might be interested.
I think I may email the mystery photo to both those tile companies and just ask if it could be there stone!
Gigi- the photo came from Boxerpups' collection of design photos--as far as I can tell from her photo bucket album, there is no info from where it came!
Newchapter--I wondered about limestone,too. I will check into it.

Thanks eveyone, again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Statements tile- Golden Gate Tumbled quartzitie

o

I just ran across this one while looking for something else:

I don't think it's the exact same thing, but it is very similar. This is from a store in Indianapolis, and I will link the website below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Cultural Brick

o

Arizona Tile has a Golden Gate quartzite stackstone. I used in as a backsplash and it looks amazing. They have pics on their website.

o

I have the GoldenGate Quartzite stacked stone from AZ tile. mine is ungrouted, but looks very much like this. I absolutely love it! Good luck!

o

I used the desert gold stone for a backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cottage Remodel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here