Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allnewappliances

Backsplash help please - design behind range

allnewappliances
13 years ago

Hi all - we finished our kitchen in mid October - haven't had a chance to post pics b/c I would actually need to take pictures of the new kitchen to do that :-) but we are starting to think about backsplash.

I have reviewed the finished pics on the blog site and went through the backsplash slideshow....but would love to see more pictures of backsplash behind the range - did you do a mosaic or border a tile decoration or just keep the same as the backsplash of the rest of the kitchen.

I have Kashmir gold granite, wood floors and the cherry cabs are finished in brown with a glaze.

I would appreciate pictures of your backsplash and would love to see how you designed behind your range or stove.

Thanks!

Comments (14)

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

I had wanted to do something different behind the range, then I got on the "less is more" kick. So then I started thinking of maybe using the same tiles but changing the pattern back there....but then the arabesque tiles came into my life and the rest is history. I like not having a focal point behind the range.

So sorry to post this photo again...but here it is:

{{gwi:1458934}}

• doonie
    13 years ago

I am a fan of beekeepers backsplash. It is a beautiful tile with her granite.

I wanted to focus on my backsplash and have my counter more tonal. So, I went with a tile decoration above the rangetop, and then a similar
    design on the opposite wall above the clean up sink. Took me a while to pull all the elements together. It was a splurge, but it makes me
    very happy everyday!
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

doonie, I LOVE your tile. They make a bee tile....oh, how I wanted that to work in my kitchen! But of course it didn't and they didn't make it in other colors.

Island, that is indeed my kitchen. I won the tile in a contest and that is one of the professional photos that was taken. Here are more. Again, apologies to the community for posting these yet again.

{{gwi:1424082}}

{{!gwi}}

not a pro picture:

• Susan
    13 years ago

no apologies-- i could look at your kitchen all day long!
    but as much as i love tile and mosaics, i detest dirty grout, so behind my range we're going with a slab of metal or stone.
    hth!

• marcy96
    13 years ago

Hi, I didn't have much space above my range, but still wanted a little bling!:)
    {{!gwi}}

• allnewappliances
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting the pictures. Everyone's backsplash is so nice...I think for me picking out the bs will be one of the hardest decisions for my kitchen renovation.

Please continue to post all pictures.

Thanks!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Hi Allnew,

Here are some BS pics. I tried to find something to go with
    your Kashmir Gold. The important part is the visual of
    ideas for behind the range. Hope they help you.
    ~boxer

Wine Roses Kitchen BS ideas

Baisden

Calcutta Marble

Hometowngirl typepad blog

Wood Hood images

New Venetian Gold BS (Similar to KG not as creamy)

Media Images

Ask the builder web site

Tuscany Mist BS french country kitchens

Just Snooping blog

Lacanche range

Prime Renovations Texas

Atlanta tile

Ceramic

Steve Cole

Decorative Tile BS

Mosaic BS Kitchen and Bath Ideas website

• Circus Peanut
    13 years ago

I went for very simple, used the same accent tile as elsewhere around the room and just rowed it up over the range. A decidedly not very professional shot at dinnertime:

• allnewappliances
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Boxerpups! I was so hoping you would reply to my post!! I am always doing searches through the web when deciding diff aspects of the kitchen, but your pictures are always so fabulous! There are a few of your pics that caught my eye...so thank you!
    Thanks to everyone else that has posted their BS pics - everyone has such beautiful kitchens and BS....

• allnewappliances
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Boxer again - do you remember where you found the pic that has the header Wood Hood images....I really like that picture and would love to find out the name and info on the tile.

Thanks!

• tracey_b
    13 years ago

Our backsplash:

• blonde1125
    13 years ago

Thanks, boxerpups! This was so timely for me as I am just getting around to doing my backsplash. I found some great 6x6 off white crackle tiles on closeout for 1.29 sq ft! Now I just have to figure out what pattern I want to do and I have more money for some fun accent pieces.

• debbie1031
    13 years ago

Tracey B- what do you store in the drawers flanking the range? How mych do they hold? I'm assuming they are 24" wide. Thanks!
    Debbie