Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shaw Pebble Hill Hickory hardwood floors in Burnt Barnboard?

Posted by pupwhipped (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 17:21

This is a bit off topic, but this forum is by far the most viewed so I thought I would throw it out here.....someone might even have these floors in their kitchen. I want to know if any of you have Shaw engineered hardwood flooring in the style "Pebble Hill Hickory." The color I am considering is "Burnt Barnboard." If you have this flooring, I would love any feedback, and I would absolutely adore seeing pictures.

Thanks very much for any help. I appreciate any and all thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shaw Pebble Hill Hickory hardwood floors in Burnt Barnboard?

I have Chelsea plank hickory flooring in my kitchen. Not sure if this helps but at least you can see a stained hickory.
Miss Boo will do anything she can to show off her toys!

o

Ahhhhh, your Miss Boo is so cute. Funny, I have a black lab named Boo Boo. He will be 14 in the spring and is a three year survivor of lymphoma.

Your floors look so great! The ones I am looking at are handscraped, and although I like them, my house really is pretty formal. I sometimes wonder if the rustic look of the floors might not go with my furnishings so well.

Thank you...and Miss Boo!

o

Miss Boo is actually "Tabouli" but "Boo" rolls off the tongue better. She is a Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy in training and is quite an amazing pup. I'm glad to hear your dog has done so well despite the lymphoma!

If you have dogs you might like the handscraped. My floors are only about 4 months old and are already getting "clawscraped" from my two dogs. The handscraped might hide the claw marks better.

o

Camphappy, oh my goodness, how great is that!!! Miss Boo is not only beautiful, but she's smart, too. My Boo Boo...not so much on the smart side. We generally say he is one dumb and happy boy. HA!

Thank you for the time you took to reply to me. My post never generated any other replies. Yesterday, I had to pull the trigger, or on a cruder note, sh*t or git off the pot. I did order the Shaw flooring. We shall see how it turns out. I do think, as you said, that the handscraped will show less doggy toenail damage. That's a good thing. I have five dogs total. I can't do the math, but however you calculate it, that's a lot of toenails!

Thank you!

pup

o

Enjoy, you will love your new floors!

o

I am considering the same Shaw flooring that you installed. I also have large dogs. Are you pleased with your floors?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here