Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
javiwa

UCL steps before granite backsplash reinstalled

javiwa
9 years ago

Hello to all, from a five-month lurker, first time poster. I recently had Black Pearl granite counters and BS installed, but due to poor workmanship, fabricators will be completely ripping out entire backsplash for a do-over (fingers crossed -- details to be saved for another post). I started researching under cabinet lighting, and realize most good (wires/hardware not showing) installs involve cutting holes in drywall to get at wires, feed wires through, etc. Since the BS is coming down and original drywall will be exposed, this would provide a good opportunity to 'do what we need to do'. I'd appreciate any advice on what steps I need to take to make my under cabinets UCL-ready, before they slap the BS back on.

I'd like a strip (likely) of UCL under the left bank of cabinets, the left-diagonal unit, and the right bank of cabinets. Was going to omit lighting under the two single-door cabinets directly to the left and right of center window (thoughts on that?). I've indicated in pics below what outlets and light switches are available to me. Option to dim would be preferable, but will forego it that makes for an extra difficult installation. Thanks in advance for taking the time to chime in! Left bank of cabinets pictured here (apologies for the redundancy - UCL Lighting...duh!):

Comments (5)