Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Pantry remodel advice needed

tamarahl
11 years ago

My current pantry has 82 inches of wire shelving and each shelf is 16 inches deep. The pantry itself is 36 inches deep. In addition, to the right of the shelves, not seen in this photo, there is an additional 24 inches, that can be utilized. There has been a mystery box (24 x 36 inches and 2 feet high) there for 12 years, but today learned the box is hollow! So, what to do with this new found space? The area to the right of the wire shelves (above the mystery box) has a sloped ceiling as it is under the stairs, but the bottom 4.5 feet are not affected by the slope.

I am going to change the wire shelves to wood shelves in my remodel, and make the shelves only 12 inches deep. I would like to have pull-out shelves on the right side, that take advantage of that 24 inch deep space. Would you recommend that? I have a custom cabinetmaker so I think I can tweak the size of the pull out drawers.

Any advice you have on how to reconfigure the pantry is appreciated. It will not be as wide in the remodel, probably 1-2 feet less wide.

Here is the current chaos, I mean pantry:

This post was edited by tl1969 on Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 17:18

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert