Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karen44_2008

Malhgold: Love your pendants...

karen44_2008
14 years ago

Hi. I saw the pic you posted regarding the black granite counter. I love your pendants -- and your kitchen in general! Would you mind sharing the name/manufacturer of your pendants?

Thanks alot.

Karen

Comments (8)

• amysrq
    14 years ago

I asked mahlgold the same question just last week. :-) They're from West Elm. Yummy, aren't they?

• karen44_2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes! Love 'em. Thanks for letting me know.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

{{!gwi}}From Misc photos

The Globe Light from West Elm. I too love them. I went to West Elm a few months ago here in Calif to see what they look like up close. While I still love their shape and design, I was a trifle bit worried because they seemed to be rather bright. I am wondering if Malhgold finds them a bit too "stark"? When lit, there is nothing to diffuse the light--it's kind of intense. I am thinking that maybe if they are up above eye height it won't be as noticeable but the ones that I saw were three hanging over the cash registers, and that filament part was really bright.

• malhgold
    14 years ago

Ours are approx. 33" above the counter, so they're definitely not at eye level(at least not our eyes...we're a short family!!!). When we first installed them, I felt like my eye kept going to the light(I think I was trying to figure out if they would be annoying or not), but now I don't even look at them when they're on. I guess I got used to it. But yes, if you do stare at them for a period of time, you will see spots for a little bit. But like I said, I don't stare at them. Hope this helps.

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Malhgold--so this is totally off topic, but your "alcove" with the white walls and the wood shelves that you put your dishes in is one of my favorite kitchen nooks I have ever seen! Just adore that and try as I might, I had no "built in" walls. Just plain old regular walls--didn't and couldn't build up a wall to make that happen. Still, it's just lovely, simple, clean and BEAUTIFUL!! Love it juxtaposed next to the clean industrial refridge. The sleekness of the stainless and the interesting plates/cups right next to it are a perfect balance. And I love your cabinet pulls with the rings too (not in picture above, but I remember from other posts)...you have FAB style!

• malhgold
    14 years ago

Thanks firsthouse. The shelves are actually stainless. The area has been working out beautifully. My DW is to the right of the sink that is under the window, so I just open it and unload onto the shelves. There is another matching alcove on the opposite side of the frig(to the right of the doorway) that has some decorative items in it. I'll post that pic if I ever get my backsplash done and post finished pics!

I never did get the ring pulls for the pantry. I went with tiny, round, inconspicuous knobs(at least for now) as I really didn't want the hardware to be the "star" and had to make a decision.

• lascatx
    14 years ago

I haven't seen your kitchen so pulled together. I was so surprised with the photo above, but ehn I realized you were just about to get counters installed last I saw. Yours has been a vision and a mission I have enjoyed following. Are you loving the results? It looks great.

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Malhgold...I think I need that nook in your kitchen. Still love that. Do you have any other pictures of this that show it up close?

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus