Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lydia_sanders

Waiting on Sektion (aka - my husband & contractor may kill me)

Lydia Sanders
9 years ago

Hi everyone!

This is my first post, I think, but I have been reading these boards for a long time in preparation for my kitchen remodel. Thank you to all of the contributors here!

Now on to my woes... I am 6 weeks into my kitchen reno. Planning on installing Akurum cabs from Ikea with custom doors from Semihandmade. Well, with progress taking longer than expected (thanks to holidays and my GC's 5 other active job sites), I am seriously considering holding off on placing my last minute Akurum cabinet order and waiting for the Sektion line to debut.

I have not broken this news to my hubby just yet, but I am lining up all of my pros/cons for him. I think my biggest pro is that the windows were just ordered and they may take up to 4 weeks to come in; then they would do floors, then install cabinets. And my Capital range is at least 6-7 weeks from delivery. So I certainly would have enough time (assuming the cabinets are available for purchase on day one or two). Other than that, there are the practical considerations of wanting to change up my cabinet interiors over time since the new are not backwards compatible (I am really liking the drawer options on the Metod line and hope they cross over), etc etc.

Someone please tell me I am not crazy! My contractor thinks a week or two of waiting is worth it compared to the years that I will use the kitchen. I actually have all of my cabs in my shopping cart on Ikea's website ready to order, but the temptation of the unknown is just too great.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!