Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash and window treatments.

Posted by michellemarie (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 16:55

A better photo of my roman shade and subway tile backsplash.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash and window treatments.

And, your question is?

o

Did you have your roman shade custom made? Very pretty!

o

Beautiful cabinets, backsplash, counters, sink - I could go on and on!!

o

Thank you. My roman shade was custom made by a local lady. I really love kitchens by Jean Stoffer and when I was looking at her website, I knew I had to do a roman shade in my kitchen. One of the reasons also is that I feel my window is not tall enough and it looked really bad between my 42" uppers. I had the shade made to be an outside mount and had it installed higher than the window casing by about 6". I still feel it doesn't look right and when my husband has time I am going to have him mount it higher. I made my share of mistakes in my project and that is one of many.

o

Your kitchen is pretty. Have you done a reveal that I missed? I'd love to see more pics.

o

Lovely kitchen! If you want your Roman shade higher, and aren't sure exactly how high it should go, try mounting it at the same height as the drapery panel to the right in the photo. My friend just did a Roman shade in her kitchen and mounted it higher than the window casing as well. It looked great but she didn't like where it was mounted, just felt off to her. She also had panels on a French door on the same wall and when she remounted the Roman to the same height as the panels it looked much better.

Is that a Cafe Brown Blanco sink? I have one sitting in my living room waiting for the granite to be installed. We have decided to do ours as a drop in, like the look of the deck, but seeing your sink bumped out with the under mount makes me wish I had room to do that!

o

I never did a reveal as this is the kitchen project that took about 5 years. And with 7 kids it is always a mess!! I would post pics on and off of my progress, but never a full reveal. I have sconces on each side of my window and I wasn't happy with the height or distance away from casing once they were installed. I could just as we'll get rid of them and have only the pendant, but since my husband keeps reminding me of how much he paid the electrician, I will live with them. My husband did raise them for me, but of course he didn't finish the job and now I have holes cut out of my Sheetrock.
My sink is a copper sink from Mexico I bought off EBay. I love it and it really was only $500 to $600.
I will try to post more pics soon. Thanks!

o

Oh, please do post more pictures of your lovely kitchen! : )

We too have 7 children and I'm trying to decide on what color cabinets (stained vs. painted) to put in our kitchen. Yours is one of the stains that I might consider. Have you been happy with it? (I love white, but am afraid to go that route.)

o

I think your kitchen looks great but I would mount it higher. Could you match the height with the other window?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here