Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kerrys_gw

Ticor Sink--Buehl's 405D

kerrys
13 years ago

I have a 36" base cabinet. I've been planning all along to put in the Ticor 405D -- Buehl, Ticor should be paying you to sell their sinks! But in reading the specs, it says you need a 39" sink base, which contradicts what I believe Buehl has posted. Can you clarify, please Buehl, others? Do I need to check this with my GC?

Comments (8)

• countrygal_905
    13 years ago

I have the Ticor 405D and a 36" base cabinet. They did modify it a bit when putting in the sink, but it wasn't a problem. Yes, I was sold when I saw Buehl's too.

• jtkaybean
    13 years ago

I also will be getting a 36" base cabinet, and ordering the revered Ticor 405D. My KD said it will fit too :-)

• kerrys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I will run this by my GC just to be sure before ordering. Does the sink interfer with the garbage disposal in any way or did you put in a smaller gd?

Can't wait to hear how you all like your sink, and Buehl, sounds like you are due commission on three sinks right here!

• Buehl
    13 years ago

LOL!

My sink went in a 36" sink base with no modifications. Our cabinets have 1/2" walls, so it is possible that if the cabinet walls were 3/4" thick it might have needed modifying, but I don't know that for certain. When I bought mine, the description stated it needed a minimum 36" cabinet.

Later, the site said 39". Then it went back to 36". It looks like it's back to 39"!

This is what the dimensions were when I bought mine...it looks like it's 1/8" wider now than mine was...but I'm sure you can still fit it in a 36" sink base.

The sink grids were fine...no need to get smaller ones. The hole in the grid is slightly bigger than the drain, including the "frame", so it works fine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Current S405D at Galaxy Tool Supply

• bob_cville
    13 years ago

I put a Ticor 405D in a 36" cabinet also. However my frameless cabinet had 3/4" sides, which makes the internal measurment of the cabinet 34 1/2". I did need to modify the cabinet so that the sink would fit, but it was only about 5 minutes work to do so.

After installing the cabinet in the middle of the run of cabinets, I marked with a Sharpie along the top edge of the cabinet sides where the lip of the Ticor sink would extend to. I then put a flat bottom bit in my router and set the depth to about 3/32" and quickly routed out the marked area.

If the measurment from the outside one bowl to the outside of the other bowl were greater than 34 1/2" then I would have had to do quite a bit more work to make the sink fit, but with only the lip of the sink overlapping the cabinet sides, it was no problem at all to make it fit.

• kerrys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is great information, especially the technical stuff from Bob--Thanks. And thanks, Buehl, for clearing up what seemed a bit strange to me concerning the minimum cabinet size stated in the specs. I'm going to order the sink and faucet next week!

• jtkaybean
    13 years ago

Kerrie, what faucet are you buying?

• kerrys
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jillsee--I plan to get the Grohe Bridgeford in brushed nickel. I've read a lot of posts here about faucets and believe the advice, "you get what you pay for when it comes to faucets." The best price I've found is on Amazon ($551).

Also, when I looked at the Ticor website today, it showed minimum base cabinet of 36". I think it is Galaxy Tool that shows 39" Whatever!!!