Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joaniepoanie

Ordered appliances and tile online----good experience!

joaniepoanie
12 years ago

Once we decided on stove ,MW, and DW we went to local big box and small family businesses, but prices were way higher than Internet prices and only Sears was willing to match the MW price. So I took a leap of faith and ordered them online from Number1Direct.com. They are out of St Louis and operate retail stores there called Goedeckers. They were very nice and helpful over the phone, said it would take 3 weeks. Free delivery and free 10 year in home warranty. Sure enough, 3weeks later the delivery company called and they were delivered a few days later. We opened them up (they were packed and crated very well) and as far as we can tell, no dents or scratches. Oh, and prices were better than AJ Madison and others.

The local Dal Tile store wanted 12.83 SF for the floor tile we picked....way more than I wanted to spend, so I googled it and found 2 places that sold it for less....South Cypress and Bid4floors. It was $5.94 at SC And $250 shipping. At Bid, that is exactly what you.....so I bid $5 sf and $100 shipping. They came back at $5.49 and $125 shipping so I placed the order. A few days later, I got an email stating it was out of stock and it wouldn't ship for 3weeks, was that ok? With start date imminent and knowing floor could go down week one, I panicked and called South Cypress back...they were super and said they had plenty and could ship within a few days. I told them I would get back to them once I canceled order at Bid. When i called to cancel and explained I really couldn't wait 3weeks, they asked if I would hold while they called distributor again. They told me that there must have been a mistake, that it was in stock and would ship In a few days. I was skeptical, but said ok. When i called South Cypress back to let them know we were sticking with the original order, they were very gracious about it. I called a day or two after it was supposed to ship to make sure and he said it was on its way. Sure enough, a few days later the local Dal Tile store called asking when could they deliver. Again, packed and crated very well and all seems to be fine.

Just wanted to share my good experiences and recommend these 3 companies. And the best part, I saved about $3500!

Comments (2)