Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lotsapatience

Positive stuff on online retailers

lotsapatience
11 years ago

Shout out to:

cabinetparts.com --Amerock handles, good price, fast delivery
QualityBath.com --call them, they're really nice. Sometimes you can get a little better deal over the phone than online price. Got killer deal on KWC faucet, went back for Whitehaus filtered water dispenser and KWC soap dispenser. Quick delivery.
homewareHQ.com --even though I try to avoid CA state tax, their price with tax for Rev-A-Shelf was too good. Super fast delivery.

Comments (12)

• msl511
    11 years ago

I've also had good experiences with various of the build.com affiliates (lightingdirect.com, faucetdirect.com and whichever of their companies sells marble tile for a really good price). Quality products, good prices, superb customer service whether it's answering questions, quick delivery or dealing with a problem.

I swear I don't work for them, but I had to call lightingdirect.com today about an outdoor light I bought in November that suddenly has a crack in one of the panes of glass. When you call up your order on-line, it has the name and extension of the employee who was responsible for placing your order (much of their stuff comes direct from the manufacturer). I called the guy, got his voicemail and left a message. He called me back within an hour, told me the light was still under warranty, that he'd arrange to have new glass sent out to me ASAP and that he's email when it's done. Easy peasy.

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

I have just recently ordered from a site called homeclick and it has been fabulous. They have free shipping and no sales tax!! They shipped the items very quickly and after I reviewed my purchase they sent me a coupon toward my next purchase. I just made my next purchase and since it was a bigger number the savings of 5 percent was welcomed.

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

I don't want to be a killjoy about the whole "no sales tax" thing, but y'all need to pay your proper state use taxes on any online purchases.

That said, I love online shopping and have never really had a bad experience.

• Janet
    11 years ago

Another rave for lightingdirect.com. Super to deal with and wonderful at problem resolution.

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Agreed about the online sales tax. We have roads to drive those delivery trucks over because of taxes that support a common infrastructure. Someone's got to pay for that stuff and it winds up being defenseless, voiceless children in absent monies (i.e., shorted education budgets -- I couldn't understand what I was talking about here either!) if we're all not careful.

Also, another downer-voice to add here is to be sure to check carefully about the warrantees from some of these places. There's no regulation, I guess, for these online sites so consequently they can really just say whatever they'd like. For example that they're an "authorized dealer". But if you call, say, Franke, or Whirlpool - just pulling those names out of a hat - point is if you call the actual manufacturer and ask, say, "is homeclick an authorized dealer" you should be prepared to receive quite the talking-to. For some manufacturers, having bought the product from a non-authorized dealer won't really make much difference in the event of a failure; they'll still honor a warrantee. Others are cracking down and saying no authorized-rep, no service. And sometimes they're not really very nice about it either -- which is a little bizaree since it's actually really quite difficult, as a consumer, to know who's authorized to sell what (not to mention why). Nevertheless -- it's something to think about and investigate if you can stand to. And doing so requires more skepticism than I for one am even comfrotable with. That is, when I see a sign that says "authorized dealer", I am inclined to believe it, even to the point of arguing with the actual manufacturer ("but it says..."). So from there, YMMV.

After starting to wake up to what a big bad world it sometimes actually is out there, and in weighing all the political pros/cons of brick-mortar vs free-market arguments and the like, I have been immensely happy doing online business with ABT in Chicago -- they price-match, are in fact authorized reps, with salesmen from a "real" brick-mortar" store who will talk endlessly and patiently with you and ... they will go to bat for you warrantee-wise. I will forever be grateful to them for just handling several problems with a Miele oven. Those guys are totally amazing. Chicagoans on this site have piped in that they are in person too.

I'm glad you've had good experiences with homeclick but until you've had a problem you'd like to be supported on, it's hard to know how they've performed. It's like saying "yeah, my car insurance is *great* - I've never had a claim!" -- which is terrific but doesn't qualify you to comment on the insurer's capacity to, um, insure you.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Actually, folks the gasoline tax is supposed to pay for the roads. Property taxes are supposed to pay for the schools. It seems we're taxed to the hilt and still the PTB want more. Kinda sick of all the 'taxation without representation' that's going on now.

I love Amazon and Overstock. Build.com has been good, took back some things that were past the refund window and gave me a full refund.

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

I had great experiences with faucetdirect.com for plumbing fixtures and bellacor.com for lighting.

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Ditto the build.com and affiliate sites. Amazing service and professionalism.

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

Wow! Sorry I did not intend to start a political debate about taxes. Everyone has their opinion about how we are taxed and how that money is used. I am not going to enter into that discussion.

You would be correct that I have not had to return an item to them yet. I just commented on their good prices,free shipping and lack of sales tax- oh and super fast shipping. Did you have some problems with a return or warrantee from home click that I should be wary of them in the future?

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

My only experience with homeclick was when I ordered the towel warmer for my bathroom from them. We had some problems with it and they told us to access the warranty through the manufacturer, which we did. Turns out we had been sold a towel warmer that was more than three years old and the manufacturer had since fixed some problems with it (same design, it was an internal fix). The manufacturer replaced it for us (and technically it was a few months out of the one-year warranty because I procrastinated on dealing with it so kudos to them) but we had to pay the shipping and it's not exactly easy to swap out a hardwired towel warmer.

I bought from homeclick because their price was better than anyone else's. The model number for the towel warmer didn't change when they made the internal fix, so I guess technically speaking homeclick wasn't doing anything wrong, but I should have been more suspicious of the price that was about $50 lower than anyone else's. It all worked out in the end, but perhaps a cautionary tale.

To the OP, thanks for posting about your experiences. I buy pretty much everything online so it is helpful to hear about both good and bad experiences.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    11 years ago

bump

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Did you have some problems with a return or warrantee from home click that I should be wary of them in the future?

pball - as I mentioned, and as I recall (I haven't been on their site in years now), they claim to be authorized dealers on a ton of stuff -- then as sailorgirl's experience attests, it turns out not to be the case, despite their near-claims to have been so. If there are no problems, then no big deal. If there is, then they throw you back to the manufacturer who may or may not be po'd that you bought through a non-authorized rep, and who may or may not work with you. So it's risky at best. And you cannot rely on the internet site to tell you the truth about their reseller status - if you care, you will have to call the manufacturer directly and ask.

It's a royal pia and for smaller stuff or more reliable appliances, you may not care. But with bigger ticket or fragile or finicky items, you may really, really care to have a reputable dealer behind you.

And then that said, you immediately wing into the politics of it all ... if you care to have a reputable dealer at your back ever, then what responsibility do you bear to the system to support said responsible-sorts even for the smaller purchases, etc, etc....

Nothing's free of politics, not one single decision, ever. :)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022