Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

If you have Woodmode/Brookhaven cabs in Antique White

sis2two
11 years ago

For those of you that have this particular finish, what color did you do your trim in your room that closely matches the cabinets? When I hold my sample door next to my existing wainscoting and trim there is a noticeably difference that bothers me. I was sure hoping not to have to redo all of my kitchen trim since it is the same throughout my home, but I think it's going to look odd. Thanks.

Comments (20)

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

I have the Woodmode vintage finish. Mine is Vintage Lace. My house trim is SW Creamy. It does not match. But, there is enough contrast that it does not bother me.

Is the Antique White the Vintage Finish as well. If so, do you want it to match?

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm not sure if the Vintage Lace is the same but there is a lace finish. My trim color is stark compared to the cabinet color. It's not that I particularly want an exact match but a creamier white as opposed to my stark white. My current trim color is White Umber by Porter.

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Do you have a sample door that you can show us?

My house is 7-8 yrs old, so maybe they don't have the Vintage finishes anymore.

I remember when I was trying to decide between the Antique White and the Lace in the Vintage finishes, I thought the Lace was a little less yellow and matched my color scheme a little better.

Maybe you need a little "cooler" finish as well, if your trim is that white.

Have you already ordered your cabinets?

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, my doors in the Antique White finish are in and the cabinet boxes will be painted in that color as well. I can either paint all of the trim and wainscoting in a white color that is a softer white or keep it as is but it seems to me that it's going to look odd.

• ILoveRed
    11 years ago

Here's my suggestion. Take a picture of your door next to your trim and post it. We have several good kitchen designers here and lots of non professionals with extremely good taste.

Get some good feedback. Your trim may be just fine with your cabinet color. All of the whites in your home do not need to match.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks red lover. I will try to do that later today and hopefully get some feedback. I may start a new post with the picture as well.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Would love to get some advice about whether these can work together or not.

• sis2two
    Original Author
    11 years ago

GreenDesigns-the ceiling is white currently and I was planning to use Wilmington Tan for wall color above the wainscoting but not sure yet. So explain where you would use which colors. Thanks so much.

• scooper25
    9 years ago

@sis2two
    Hi just curious I have Brookhaven Antique White cabinets and trying to get ideas on granite/trim what color granite did you choose and what color trim did you decide on? If you have pictures would love to see how your kitchen turned out?
    If anyone else has ideas please let me know.
    Thank you

• romy718
    9 years ago

I can't help you with the granite but I have Woodmode/Brookhaven Nordic White which clashed with my BM White Dove Trim. I took a trim piece from my cabinets & had my local paint store color match both the color & the sheen. I had crown molding which attached to the cabinets & I wanted an exact match. They did a good job mixing a custom match.

• Jenna Gannon
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Romy718 - I have the Nordic White cabinets as well and my contractor made a mistake and now needs to paint my crown to match the Nordic White. Do you remember the custom paint color that you found that matched the Nordic White? Thanks!!

• romy718
    7 years ago

It was a custom color our painter matched to a piece of Nordic White trim.It is very slightly whiter than Nordic White as he used an oil based paint. The BM Satin Impervo is a good match sheen wise to the WM finish. The paint can lid reads:

Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo

C235-1B

YW Ox 0.7500

GY Ox 4.7500

I hope that helps. Enjoy your new kitchen!

• Jenna Gannon
    7 years ago

thank you! i'll give it a try!

• Maureen Braga
    6 years ago

Hi Jenna, I am on the fence between Nordic white or Bright white and I have white dove thru the house,my question is is the Nordic white creamy or a good white? Thank you Macchew

• cheri127
    6 years ago

Macchew, I don't know if you made your decision yet, but I was going to go with Nordic White and changed to Bright White because the Nordic White wasn't white enough for me. The trim in the house will be BM Distant Gray and Nordic White looked to creamy next to it. If you have White Dove, I don't think you'll want Bright White. Did you look at Alpine White?

• kmszabo
    6 years ago

We are considering Nordic White by Brookhaven for our kitchen cabinets and the crown will continue to the cabinets. My kitchen designer said White Dove is a great match to Nordic White!

• kmszabo
    6 years ago

Thinking of changing to a creamier cabinet color like Antique White, wondering if it looks yellow?

• Chelsea Binkowski
    2 years ago

Did anyone here decide to go with bright white vs Nordic white cabinets? I can’t decide for the life of me and would love to see photos of the bright white cabinets!!!!

• cheri127
    2 years ago

@Chelsea Binkowski I'm not sure pictures will help you make the choice however I'll take one for you later this week when I'm back at the beach house. The bright white is very white. Benjamin Moore Distant Gray will give you a good idea of how white it is. We used it on the trim, painted the walls SW Sea Salt and the floors are stained gray; the look is very cool and crisp. Our Andersen 400 series windows look drab next to the trim and cabinets. I believe Andersen white matches White Dove paint and Nordic White cabinets. While I love the bright wihite, I sometimes think it's too much, especially when all of the lights are on but it is a large kitchen with lots of cabinets.