Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsstormy

Where to find Mother of Pearl Quartz countertop

MrsStormy
13 years ago

Greetings All,

I have been searching over the internet as well as in granite/stone quarries for this stone. I finally found one place that has a year wait list. It was told to me that they are the only ones that sell it. (I am in Georgia)

Since I heard about it from this forum, I thought I would ask where people have found this stone.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Comments (25)

• elba1
    13 years ago

Art's of Stone in New Milford, CT has it. It is beautiful!

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Elba1. I just spoke with them and they asked who referred me. I had to say Elba1 on gardenweb. If you want, you can call them and give them more information. I dont know if you get a referral fee or something.

CT is a pretty far. They are seeing if they can ship it. I'll let you know what happens.

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Still open for more suggestions and information. :-)

• kiffgirl
    13 years ago

I think the stone is also called Madre Perla. You may find more options locally by searching under that name, too. Good luck!

• graciepunkin
    13 years ago

We found Mother of Pearl at A&S Marble and Granite Imports in Atlanta (North Buckhead-Chattahoochee Ave). We also found Crystal Pearl (I think this is the same stone) at G&L Marble in Atlanta (Armour Ave). That location may be closed now but there is a showroom near Douglasville according to the website (www.glmarble.com).

It really is beautiful in person. Here is a link to an old thread I started when we first stumbled on Crystal Pearl:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1216361627045.html

Here is the Mother of Pearl at A&S (slab to the left):

Here is the Crystal Pearl at G&L:

Here is a link that might be useful: A&S Marble - Mother of Pearl

• elba1
    13 years ago

Hope you don't take it all; I've been coveting a piece for myself :o) (just kidding - good luck to you!)
    p.s. the slab I saw doesn't resemble the above photo

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kiffgirl - Thanks so much. I will be on the hunt for Madre Perla tomorrow

graciemay - A&S is the place I was speaking of in the initial post. They have a "model kitchen" in Phipps Plaza with the quartz on an island. Gorgeous!!! They have a long wait list for MOP quartz and its out of stock. But I will check out Granite Imports tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Elba1 - I hope Art's of Stone can send me a sample. I want to make sure it similar to what I have seen. Thank you sooooo much!! I am excited to find one place on the planet that has it and knows what I am talking about.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    13 years ago

Wowsers, pipdog, that's a very nice kitchen. Do you have more photos?

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pipdog - OMG - Beautiful!!! You did an amazing design job.

I got to find this countertop.

• Pipdog
    13 years ago

Thank you! Yes, I posted my finished kitchen a month or so ago...here's the link. MrsStormy, my kitchen designer was based in Atlanta -- let me know if you'd like his contact info. He can probably help you find it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo's of Pip's kitchen

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pip dog - Yes please!!!!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

I've been lovin that quartzite since seeing it in Pip's and in Laurainlincoln's kitchens. I was inspired by your thread to call the nearest granite dealer (40 miles away) today to see if they have it. They do. Unfortunately, it's about double the cost of my beloved Bianco Antico. The BA, by the way, was already more $ than I had budgeted. Oh well, no Madre Perla for me. But I want to see yours when it's installed!

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

breezygirl - will post pics as soon as I find it and have it installed. Art's of Stone fell through. (Didnt have enough) I am on a waiting list for the G&L granite here in GA.

The search continues. :-)

• elba1
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear that; last I knew they had 8 slabs - good luck

• Pipdog
    13 years ago

MrsStormy, if you send your email I will give you the contact of my designer...

• hogar
    13 years ago

Hi,
    I went today to OHM (granite yard) in Monroe NJ and saw a quartzite stone called Monte Carlo that looks exactly as Mother of Pearl. It is a beautiful stone just like in pipdog's kitchen. I almost got it. Instead I got "Nacarado Quartzite", another beautiful stone very similar to Mother of Pearl that goes better with the stone in the fireplace that my husband is installing in the basement. Best of luck finding your stone!..

• Pipdog
    13 years ago

here's my designer's contact info: Dennis Adams (404)556-0945. He helped us find our MP out here in LA.
    Good luck!

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thx so much Elba1.

I called Art's of Stone again. Delayed is not denied. It seems they have lots of snow which was stopping them from returning my emails and phone calls. (Yes, I was stalking them.) :-) They are going to send me pics, etc. They said they have the MOP quartz with streaks of green or blue. I cant wait to see it.

They spoke very highly of you. I hope I am not ruining your great rep by being the stalker. Hee Hee

I am really excited!!!!
    Thank you so much!!!!

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hogar - Thx for the info. Looking up your choices and the Monte Carlo. I love the way MOP looks but I havent seen anything similar. This is a good exercise about learning other choices. I guess that's why Pipdog's designer can help as well.

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much Pipdog!!

I am calling your designer today. Your beautiful kitchen is advertisement alone.

I need to look at the the newbie page. I thought there was a way to email between members but I couldnt figure it out.

• MrsStormy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just want to thank you all for everything.

My hubby is the cook in our family. This design is with him in mind. Since he liked the sample I showed him, I didnt want to let him down or at least find a comparable option.

This project was becoming so overwhelming. Not be able to find such a key piece of my design plan, my family and friends were about to abandon me because this is all I talked about. Everyone's answers were its no big deal its just the counter top. That was making me even more nervous and sad.

I really appreciate everything. Again, thank you all.

• elba1
    13 years ago

You're welcome. They've been really great as I'm trying to make these big decisions. I wanted it on an island, but since my layout won't work with an island, I'm thinking of having a cabinet built to store photo albums in the living room and having a chunk of it on top of that. I am partial to blue, and think that one is particularly beautiful. Realizing I can have all the surfaces I want, just not all in the kitchen! Hope it works out for you!

• Pipdog
    13 years ago

Good luck Mrs. Stormy! Our designer helped us with the general layout and finding all of the finishes. Our contractor in LA also had a kitchen designer, but he was much more creative and helped us achieve our vision of blending the classic style of our house with our contemporary tastes. I plan on using him for our bathroom remodel in a year or so!

• viobarta_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

we have 6 slabs of madre perola in stock please email me if you are steel looking for this or call 478-477-8380

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville