Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Slow progress continues but a new pic!!

deedles
10 years ago

Short update 'cause I know how much I like other peoples updates (with pics, of course).

Ennyhoo, my little builder guy did a pretty good job on the range hood, or as he called it "the pain in the ____ range hood". He was smiling when he said it, though.

Now, I get to paint! (and sand, and paint, and sand and paint)

(OT: Any of you cookie dough people reading this, keep your eyes peeled on that thread for what I found for you all today.)

This post was edited by deedles on Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 15:53

Comments (13)

• homeimprovementmom
    10 years ago

really nice!

• badgergal
    10 years ago

Looking good Deedles.
    You should have lots of time to paint and sand since winter isn't going to end anytime soon in Wisconsin. Unless of course you are one of those winter sports enthusiast out on snowmobiles or skis on your days off.

Can't wait to see your finished project.

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

I really like the lights,

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

The range hood looks great...and I love the cutouts! I'd put plants/herbs there, too :)

• xc60
    10 years ago

Oh Deedles, that range hood is gorgeous!

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys.

Yes, Badger... this winter in Wisconsin is really something. I actually spun out last week on black ice and bashed myself up pretty good. I've had a week off but I've been so sore that I haven't gotten very much done. Isn't that the way it goes, though?

Lav, I been snipping a little parsley and picking a few hot peppers here and there. Even though I don't have much of a kitchen here yet, a person has to EAT, right? Might as well use it if ya got it!

Bookworm, I've been pleasantly surprised at how well those light illuminate down to counter level. Never had any experience with LED's before, but thanks to GW I've got good lighting there.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

The hood looks great--that builder will always remember you!

• mudhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your adventure on black ice...I hope you weren't injured too badly. Yikes.

The hood looks wonderful.

• katy-lou
    10 years ago

Very cool!!

• LE
    10 years ago

Wow! I bet he was all proud of himself when it was done and is bragging about it to anyone who will listen!

• blfenton
    10 years ago

That range hood is gorgeous. Your builder was a trooper.

• deedles
    Original Author
    10 years ago

well, bragging might be one word.... :) and yes, he's a trooper and I hope he continues to be as we've got a ways to go together. It's interesting to work with him, I'll say "call me when you get the sample door/drawers done so I can take a look" and then he doesn't call so I call him and he says "well, I've got the doors and drawers done and stained I'm putting the last coat of finish on them today." There have been a few instances like that where I ask something to occur and he agrees and then it's like we never talked at all. I now just roll my eyes and am (luckily for him) so far happy with how everything has turned out. He really does put a nice, smooth finish on the wood. On it goes.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Looks great deedles! The hood is beautiful. On a positive note, you've got something to keep you busy & occupied this long, cold winter. 24F today & I swear, it felt balmy.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County