Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Backsplash - Saltillo Sunflower.

kellienoelle
12 years ago

Just spending my Saturday going through possible kitchen design and looking through backsplash options. I am almost afraid to ask, but anybody have any idea how much the following backsplash (but in the crema color so less green, more tan) would run? Assuming that it is too much any suggestions for a similar, but more economical option?

And I guess the most important question is...would it look OK is a transitional style kitchen? Current plan is for darkly stained shaker style cherry cabinets and maybe Delicatus granite).

Comments (9)

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

Do you know where the backsplash tile came from? Where did you find the photo? (I kinda like it!)

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

Okay, I found it. Link is below. As for price, a different page, belonging to the owner/designer of the kitchen in your picture, (http://www.sarahrichardsondesign.com/finds/25-03-2009) says that the marble mosaic backsplash is $25/sq ft.

Here is a link that might be useful: Source of backsplash mosaic

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

I've long loved that backsplash, but I assumed it would be much more that $25/sq. ft. Last week I was going to call the tile store in Indy to inquire about it, but then I really didn't think the style would work in my kitchen. I'll be following this to see if you find the price!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awesome detective work Angie! Shoot, if that is $25 per square foot then we may be in business. I don't know if the style would work in my kitchen either mpagmom, but I really like it.

Next question....do they ship? I don't know how my husband would feel about driving to Indy to pick up backsplash tiles that may or may not work.

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

I know this is an older thread, but thought I'd give you the info I found out.

I've been to the tile store in Indy. Nice little mom and pop kind of place. The owner told me the tile is $25 sq ft but will do $20 if you buy enough. Can't remember what he considered 'enough', but it wasn't a huge amount and I would have met the minimum with no problem.

And the owner is willing to ship. :)

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhhhh, thanks for the update and information! I am still not sure it would work for me, but will post some pics when the cabinets and granite are installed to get some feedback. I just love it, but don't know how it would look with my graphic granite.

Thanks again, I love this place, everybody is so helpful

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

No problem - I fell in love with it too! I have a sheet of the Carrara and a few pieces of the Crema in my dining room. It just doesn't work with my busy soapstone.

If you want the owner's info, let me know and I'll shoot you his cell phone number. :)

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, would love the phone number, I may contact for a small sample to see if the colors are a match. We did a little back splash shopping this weekend, and it seemed to look better with barely off whites over beiges, so we'll see. I bought Delicatus granite, so in addition to the color matching, I worry that it may be too busy, but it is worth a try

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

I am sure there must be a way for me to private message you, but I can't seem to find it...

I worked with Homero. His email is hdelbosque@caledoniastoneandtile.com and their number is 317-849-6815. I used to have his cell, but can't find it at the moment.

It really is beautiful tile. I'm not sure if it will be too busy, though. That's what I finally had to admit to myself and give up on it. FWIW - I brought the samples to my tile guy. He loved it was SHOCKED that it was only $20 Sq/ft and said it would probably be at least $35 in his store.

Good luck!