Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annsch

white granite kitchen countertops

Ann Scheley
12 years ago

Sorry if this is overkill on countertop talk. I am new to the forum. Just beginning a kitchen remodel. Thinkin of white granite kitchen countertops. Anyone have pix or pros and cons of your white granite? Advice?

Ann

Comments (11)

• suzanne_sl
    12 years ago

Yes on what Stu said, but also be sure to investigate quartz. Especially with a white, quartz is an alternative that you should consider. Googling "quartz countertops" should get you most of the manufacturers and you can check out their offerings.

You can also google "kitchens white granite countertops" and variations thereof which should bring up some to look at. I've linked one on that subject from a couple of years ago that has some interesting pics. Try googling the names of specific granites and see what that brings up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Light granite counterops

• boxerpups
    12 years ago

Hi Annsch,

White granites are not pure white. If you are looking for
    pure white do consider a quartz. But if you are looking
    for a light color granite with natural colors or specs
    than a granite might be just the thing.

Yes, they are a bit more porous but this means a good
    sealer and clean up when something spills.
    Avoid honing your granite because a polished surface
    will help protect it. Keep in mind granites are pretty
    strong. Every counter top has care issues from Wood,
    Marble, Quartz, Concrete, Glass, Formica and even
    Corian... all have specifics on how to care for it.
    Nothing is truly perfect. My advice get what you love
    because you will enjoy caring for it, if you love it.

Here are a few pictures.~boxerpups

River White or White River

Kashmir White

Kashmir White

Luna pearl

Quartz (non granite)

White Persia

Delicatus

Solarius

colonial cream granite

Wilsonart Formica

Cesearstone

Quartz

Quartzite

Specchio White Quartz

And if you are truly in love with white I highly
    recommend a marble. Marble can be cleaned with bleach
    and water. It has been used for 1000s of years and
    Marble is truly beautiful.

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! VERY VERY HELPFUL!!!

• Ann Scheley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't want a pure white as I am looking for something with a little color or pattern and therefore will hide imperfections easier. I already have a backsplash piece for behind the stove with grey, taupe and shades of white. Just need help on how to take a picture of it and post it here to figure out what will work best with it. This is new to me.

• ladoladi
    12 years ago

Boxerpups (or anyone else):

Have you heard of Duke White? I saw it at a relative's house over the holidays and am fairly certain it's what I've been looking for, but no one in my neck of the woods seems to carry it by that name. I'm wondering if maybe it's known as something else.

It was quite white, with black/grey streaks and lighter grey/taupe-ish and beige spots, but there were absolutely none of the reddish garnet dots.

• vsalzmann
    12 years ago

I went with fantasy brown quartzite just to avoid garnet dots and rust colored veins. I think they read pink or orange from a distance. Mine reads white (or grey green) from a distance. It only has brown and grey in it. I wanted calcatta gold but didn't want to risk it with three kids.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Boxerpups--Do you happen to have any info on the backsplash on the Delicatus pic you posted? It's beautiful!

• atd_oc
    12 years ago

Wow, those were some beautiful counters. I have white tile but am looking to replace it soon. This was very helpful.

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

Bumping in the hopes that boxer stumbles back upon this thread. I would also like backsplash on that gorgeous backsplash with the Delicatus granite. Still haven't picked one to go with mine.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

I like the Colonial Cream granite...that's really pretty!