Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cactuscatie

I Couldn't Wait To Show You Our Granite !

cactuscatie
16 years ago

I haven't posted much but I do read GW daily. I couldn't wait until our kitchen was totally completed before showing everyone our granite. It was just installed and we love it. It's called black titanium and I love the way it spills over the edge. I hope you get the idea from the pictures. Our kitchen is small and it is hard to get good picture angles.

Comments (29)

• huango
    16 years ago

That IS beautiful.
    I love it all: the granite, the cabinets, the range, the faucet, the floor.
    love it!

When you get to use the counters, can you please post a picture of how the granite takes daily wear? I love dark granites, but am concerned about the daily upkeep (fingerprints, watermarks, dust, etc showing up), which I canNOT do w/ 2 young toddlers.

thanks.
    congrats.

• oruboris
    16 years ago

Very nice-- love those big quartz looking inclusions. I'm hoping to find those in a stone that's a little lighter overall.

• fnzzy
    16 years ago

wow..that's great! I totally understand about falling off the edge - that's beautiful how it does that!

love the look of your kitchen!

• rhome410
    16 years ago

SO gorgeous. Do you just stand and stare at it, move a foot or two and stare at that spot? I can imagine I would. This is definitely my new favorite dark granite.

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Wow! You must be so pleased.

• glad
    16 years ago

i can see why you couldn't wait! and, yes, love the "over the edge" quality.

• malhgold
    16 years ago

Just beautiful and I am not a big granite fan. Also love the reddish color of some of your cabs. Can't wait to see the entire kitchen. Looks great!!

• akshars_mom
    16 years ago

It is really beautiful. Love it with your cabinets.

• txcat
    16 years ago

WOW! That looks fantastic with those black glazed cabinets.

• raehelen
    16 years ago

Gorgeous!

Yup, I'm definitely a Titanium fan. First my new appliances, now this...I'm hooked! :>)

I may just have to see if I can get my hands on some for the Master Bath.

• vwhippiechick
    16 years ago

Your granite looks beautiful. Are you installing knobs/handles - what finish are they? Floors are lovely also. Would enjoy seeing pix from a wider angle when you are ready!

• redbazel
    16 years ago

Granite is very lovely and your cabinets are too. I especially like the ones over the sink. They are simple, yet elegant.

Red

• saskatchewan_girl
    16 years ago

OMG........that is georgous granite!!!! I can see why you couldn't wait.
    Enjoy......they are so beautiful and go so well with the cream cabinets : )

• pupwhipped
    16 years ago

Please, for the love of doG, tell me what your cabinets are. The glaze looks black maybe? or is it a brown color? I can't tell, but I love it all! The granite is spectacular and may just talk me into getting it. LOVE IT!

• cpccarolyn_2008
    16 years ago

WOW! It gorgeous. Love all your colors. Isn't that a Brizo
    faucet? That is what I have chosen for my new home. Let me
    know how you like it.
    Carolyn

• sonicstef
    16 years ago

Looks great. Love the whole look actually. Well done.

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

I'd forgotten you'd decided to go with that one--it looks awesome! Everything looks really nice (and it goes so well with your cabs!).

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Having the granite just brings everything together. It's amazing!!

huango, I will let you know about fingerprints, etc. after a few days.

rhome410, yes, everytime I look at it I see something different. The granite has soooo much going on. We are so happy with it.

vwhippiechick, we haven't decided on knobs and handles yet. We're having a difficult time with color, don't know whether we want to match the cabs or the granite or the faucet and range...

pupwhipped, our cabs are linen white with wine stain (the stain is actually reddish/brown) much like some spots in the granite. Our hood and over-the-sink shelf is cherry stain with wine glaze and actually our crown molding is also cherry.

cpccarolyn, yes the faucet is the Brizo Floriano. We love it. It is very comfortable to use and it's so pretty too.
    We have the stainless finish.

I will take some wide shots and post tomorrow.

• whenzuc
    16 years ago

just saw this granite slab at a supplier last week for the first time. it is beautiful, striking, yet understated. Great choice!

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

I just love it. It reminds me of Black Matrix. It's sexy and dramatic.
    WOW,
    Donna

• mrs_tlc
    16 years ago

Wow, love the combination of the dark granite and the cream colored cabinets! Just gorgeous!

• muscat
    16 years ago

That is GORGEOUS! I love that granite. Dramatic yet understated; unusual, but doesnt steal the show. Sigh. I came very close to choosing it myself, but it did not pass the "ding" test- it chipped a little when hit hard with a metal spatula. (I know- how likely is THAT to happen???) Please dont take this the wrong way- I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I love how yours works with the reddish wood and metal appliances. It may just not be as hard as other granites, or the batches I had access to were not- but dont drop a hammer on your countertop! :)

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

muscat, did not take your post the wrong way. My concern was also chipping but our sample held up to our ding test. We dropped a can of soup on it and whacked it with the meat pounder and no chipping. Even so, I will not drop a hammer on it :) Thanks for your kinds words too!

• gshop
    16 years ago

WOW! I just sat and stared at your granite picture with awe! Then I saw it in the kitchen picture and was overjoyed again. What a BEAUTIFUL combination! You have a wonderful choice of colors! I'd love to have a dramatic granite like that, but DH is SO conservative. LOVE your kitchen!

• marypearl
    16 years ago

I've never posted here before but this kitchen is so beautiful, I had to sign in! Absolutely gorgeous, you must be thrilled and you have great taste. I am in the midst of a kitchen remodel also and may I ask who the cabinet maker was? Thanks so much.

• User
    16 years ago

That is absolutely positively perfection.
    You have every right to be delighted.

• cactuscatie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

marypearl, thanks so much for your compliments. Our cabinet maker is Knight Kitchens in Vermont. Good luck with your remodel. Please show us pics when it is completed.

Many thanks to everyone else for their compliments.

• marypearl
    16 years ago

I will definitely post a photo of my new kitchen. My cabinets look very similar to yours, color and all. I went with an oak floor and stainless appliances so you can see why I was drawn to your beautiful kitchen. I'm also going with granite countertops but haven't made a final choice yet. You're much further along than I am and you must be so excited, I can't wait to see cabinets on my walls.

• saramae585
    16 years ago

I am new to this site and just came across your pictures. I was actually searching for pictures of the titanium granite because that is what I am leaning towards. I have also ordered a cream color cabinet, stainless appliances and am planning on wood floors. I was so happy to see your pics! It is beautiful! Are you still happy with it and did you paint your walls that green color? I would love to see more pics if possible. I feel much more confident ordering this color after seeing your gorgeous kitchen! Thanks!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths