Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any opinions/knowledge about Great Northern Cabinetry?

Posted by witgirl (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 15:11

My KD is recommending this line of custom cabinetry for our kitchen. All wood construction, pigmented stain (for white cabinets which we want) which is better for durability (she says and this makes sense), dovetailed drawers - soft close, inset doors no extra charge. She compared it to the Brookhaven line of cabinets in terms of quality. As I am unfamiliar with these cabinets - not sure what that meant. This company is a small family owned business in Wisconsin - I do like that aspect. AND apparently these are 10% off through the end of February. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any opinions/knowledge about Great Northern Cabinetry?

witgirl - our KD is recommending this line of cabinetry as well. I have not found much information about them - other than an American company.

They do have three levels and I did a little table of these in Word to see the comparison.

I am not sure we are going with them - primarly because they are not able to do some options we'd like. They will however replicate a Kraftmaid stain we really like.

Did you make a decision on these yet?

o
RE: Any opinions/knowledge about Great Northern Cabinetry?

Hi Miruca - Sorry, I just saw your post - yes, we made a decision and decided to get the Great Northern. They actually just arrived this week and are beautiful. Contractors are impressed, especially with the box construction, drawer glides and finish on them, which is perfect. we will see how everything looks put together, but as of now, they look great and are completely in line with my vision for the kitchen. The cabinets we ordered have inset drawers and doors - shaker style doors and slab drawers, so really simple. There was no up charge for inset or soft close - this comes standard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here