Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shermp_gw

where to buy cabinet hardware - best prices on line?

shermp
13 years ago

If you have a favorite (or two!) websites that sell cabinet hardware online I would love to get your recommendation. Thanks!

Comments (20)

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

This isn't necessarily a recommendation of a website, just a great deal I got. I saw these handles at Menards, which were already a good price, and they were having a huge sale. So I special ordered them through the Menards website, and got all the handles for the entire kitchen for approximately $2.50 each. Haven't installed them yet, but sure love the look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen hardware

• macybaby
    13 years ago

My problem with Menards is quality control - measure your handles before drilling the holes, you may find variation in the distance that is enough to cause problems if you pre-drill with a template.

And I buy as much as I can from Menards, but I've had too many problems with their cabinet hardware. I have a bag of 20 hinges I put on, and then took back off because there was too much variation in them and I couldn't get the doors to shut properly. They are cheap though.

I'm putting in a big order from Rockler for my pulls and knobs and a few more hinges (already have 32 sets). They have free shipping for a few more days. I also like Lee Valley, but Rockler is about $1 cheaper on the pulls for the style I'm getting.

• limom_2bts
    13 years ago

I got mine from ATGStores. I thought their prices were pretty good, quality was excellent, fast shipping, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: hardware

• johnnyl53
    13 years ago

We used knobs4less. They had the same price on the Schaub knobs that we wanted as all the other sites but gave a 5% discount for orders over $300 and free shipping. Order was shipped promptly, they confirmed shipment with an email. Good experience.

• User
    13 years ago

I've posted this link before but it's such a deal, here it is again.

25 knobs or cup pulls in oil rubbed bronze for $14. How can you beat that?

I did my entire kitchen and then bought more for my DIL. All are holding up great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cripes

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

Macybaby: Thanks for the heads up!! Will definitely tell my cabinet maker who will do the install. I did special order these through Menards, but they were shipped directly from Belwith. They are manufactured by Hickory Hardware. So hopefully I don't have a problem. I don't think Menards manufactures anything. They are just the retailer, but maybe things they sell are not first line.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Macybaby - who is the manufacturer of the handles? I think that would be the relevant fact as Menards seems to sell brands and not their own line.
    I was poking around their site because we don't have them in NY, and saw some really nice switchplates and wallplates. Hopefully, those are a decent brand because I like the look and while not cheap, they are not crazy either.

• jaspertyler
    13 years ago

I bought mine on amazon and then found them for half price on woodworkershardware

My woodworkers hardware order should be here in a couple of days.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

We purchased our Valli & Valli handles at Hardware-Design in NJ. We had just purchased our sink and faucets there, so I don't know if we received a better discount than if we'd walked in off the street to pick hardware only (this was way before we purchased almost everything for three bathrooms there).

I priced the same hardware on a number of online sites (after we were given a quote), and the quote was much lower than the prices on any online site.

• runninginplace
    13 years ago

I ordered my cabinet hardware from pullsdirect.com, and recommend them very highly. The link is below. I had quite a bit of difficulty with the appliance pulls I needed and they were wonderful about returns/exchanges. I also spent some time on the phone with the customer service reps who were uniformly friendly and helpful. And, the prices were excellent. Definitely recommend this company.

They also sell merchandise on the eponymously named faucetsdirect.com which is where I got my sink and faucets. Same story, great service, good prices and all around excellent experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulls Direct

• mbw1
    13 years ago

I second Amerockforless.com, we paid less than half of what I would have retail in Canada.

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

i got my schaub pulls at www.homehardware4less.com

you might want to take a look at various sites, select your hardware and then decide where to purchase. good luck!

• adh673
    13 years ago

It really depends on which hardware you pick. In the end I went with Home Decor Hardware for my Hafele hardware, they had the best price. I ordered samples from pullsdirect, which was sort of chaotic, knobsforless, lightinguniverse and also House of Antique Hardware(great customer service but generally a little more money).

• shelayne
    13 years ago

I bought my pulls from Knobs4less.com. They had the best prices that I could find, and they emailed and called me when my longer pulls were on backorder. I had free shipping and a good experience.

I bought my cup pulls on ebay for about $1.60 per cup. I am very pleased with the quality. (I first bought a sample)

I also have hardware that I bought at Menard's that I have had no problems with. The brands were Liberty and Belwith. I check the bags carefully because I once brought home a "newer" version of the hinge I was looking for, though it had the same product number, the style was just slightly different. I had to dig through the bin to find the same packaging as my match. I was relieved that there were enough of the same.

• Jm_seattle
    13 years ago

We looked all over for very traditional/antique styles. We ended up getting our hinges from WhiteChapel (http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/), our handles from Restoration Hardware (bought at the store when they still sold them at the stores), and our latches from Look in the Attic (http://www.lookintheattic.com/). The best prices of the three were at look in the attic.

We couldn't be happier with all three. Excellent quality from all three places. The only reason we didn't order everything from the same place was because of style details in each component, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the polished nickel finish from any of them.

• macybaby
    13 years ago

For those that asked, the manufacturer was Hickory. My husband jokes that they named them Hickory as they are as twisted as Hickory wood can be.

We do love to shop at Menards - you just have to be your own Quality Control agent - inspect and select and you'll be good to go.

My hardware is on the way and should be here by the end of the week - I am so looking forward to replacing the blue tape pulls with real handles.

• Steven.G
    10 years ago

I'd recommend Adonai Hardware big time!

Here is a link that might be useful: Adonai Hardware

• MizLizzie
    10 years ago

Totally Overstock.com. I just posted this on another thread, but we got gorgeous 5" pulls for under $3.00. Our contractor loved them, and said they were excellent. Stone Mill was the mfg. Chinese, I'm sure. But what isn't? Will post link to Stone Mill Hardware, but they have many other mfgs. Wide array of styles and finishes, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Mill at Overstock.com

• rtakb
    2 years ago

check us out we carry many different styles and finishes of cabinet pulls and knobs by Amerock and others Check us out Rtakb.com