Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamrock_gw

Any Balanco Cascade sink owners with soap dispenser on right?

jamrock
12 years ago

My faucet will be centered over the sink - the hole has already been drilled. That is the only hole so far, as the stone guys have to come back for additional work on other stones.

I am right handed. I have been living in a temporary place for 10 months and it has a soap dispenser at the sink - my first, and it is on the right. To wash, I hold the sponge with my right hand and use the thumb of my right hand to pump the soap. All with one hand, while my left hand is holding whatever I am washing. It works like a charm.

With the Blanco Cascade sink, the 7" wide ledge with the mesh basket is on the right. Because of this I have been thinking the basket and the soap dispenser will get in each other's way if I put the soap dispenser on the right. So I have been thinking that the soap dispenser must go on the left and the air switch on the right - accept it, move on, it must be this way.

Now I just got to wondering if anyone has the Blanco Cascade sink with the soap dispenser on the right, over the basket. Anyone?

If so, how is it working for you? Any regrets, etc.?

If you could turn back time and you still chose that sink (don't tell me otherwise or I might cry :-), would you still put the soap dispenser on the right?

Anyone with an opinion, please chime in.

It seems like a no-brainer... put it on the left, accept it with the sink you have chosen and move on.

But what if it isn't such a pain to have it on the right?

Any thoughts?

Thanks to all, in advance.

Comments (6)

• jamrock
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry all, subject should read "Any Blanco Cascade sink owners with soap dispenser on right?".

I don't think I can fix the subject without re-posting, so hopefully those with the sink will be able to see past my typo.

• jamrock
    Original Author
    12 years ago

BTW, if you do have the Blanco Cascade sink and you do not have a soap dispenser on the right hand side, it would be helpful to hear if you think it will be a problem if it is put on the right side of this particular sink.

Any helpful info or thoughts that you have on this will be appreciated, especially if you use this sink every day.

Thanks.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Hi Jamrock
    Looks like you are in the home stretch and will be back in your new kitchen soon.
    I am getting the same sink.(as you know from a previous post but others might not be in the loop)
    I decided to put the soap dispenser on the left.
    I still haven't decided whether to center the faucet or place at the divider - so can't wait to hear what you think.
    Since you are centered, probably OK to go on the right but I would not put it over the basket.
    I think it will work better on the left. Since I operate the faucet with my right, I think I can learn to use the pump with my left plus my DH is a southpaw.
    Also - I don't want to drip my "grungie" hands over the basket as that will be the "cleaner" section of the sink.
    Let me know your decision and if you are happy with it! We will be starting our remodel at the end of Feb or beginning of March.
    PS - what soap dispenser are you installing?

• jamrock
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi a2gemini.

I don't feel like I am in the home stretch. I moved out on 3/4/11 and am still not home.

I cannot believe you already know which sink you are getting, so far before your reno have started. That's great planning on your part.

I agree with you that the soap dispenser on the right doesn't sound like a good plan, because the ledge is there. I was just wondering if it is possible that it is not as bad as we are envisioning.

I figured a Blanco Cascade owner with this setup, or even just one who uses the basket side the way we plan to, would be able to set me straight once and for all.

If the dispenser is put on the right, it would be right over the basket because there has to be room left between the faucet and the dispenser, especially if it is a single handle faucet with the lever on the right. There is usually an average of around 8" - center to center - between faucet and soap dispenser, I think. There isn't any more room on that side to play with. I haven't even seen my faucet hole in the counter as yet, but I will look at it and try to picture it all.

I bought the KWC Primo soap dispenser, after it was recommended here, and after beating my head against a brick wall about the Grohe finishes and the Grohe soap dispenser issues and reviews. I haven't yet compared the finish of my faucet with the finish of the soap dispenser, but hope to do that ASAP - I just got the dispenser yesterday and the faucet is at the site.

My faucet is the Grohe Minta in the Supersteel finish and the soap dispenser for the kitchen is the KWC Primo in the Splendure Stainless finish. (I bought the KWC Primo in Chrome for my laundry room - the faucet there will be chrome).

Although the bottle on the KWC is huge - 15oz I think, I also ordered NeverMT for both dispensers.

I will be happy to share whatever I learn once I get in the groove and really start using these babies on a daily basis, so feel free to nudge me to see if I am back home before you get to crunch time.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Thanks for helping me feel better - the one KD felt that I should already know everything before even starting. I ended up firing the KD and am working with a second KD.
    We are getting the Waterstone PLP faucet - read about it on GW and followed up - I debated on a side spray but decided to try the pull down.
    I am debating on the Waterstone soap but I believe the KWC has an antique brass that matches.
    I will have to look to see if the NeverMT will work with the Waterstone (if I go that route)
    I never intended on spending that much on a faucet and DH will blow a gasket on the budget - but after looking at the faucets reviews and then shopping with DM - my frugal mother talked me into the Waterstone.
    Originally planned on all brushed nickel and then when I chose my countertop and cabinet colors - the BN looked awful - so went warmer.
    My big decision is still the backsplash - so I will be posting at some point.
    I have to figure out how to do so.
    I also will try to figure out how to communicate off-line - so others don't have to read all of our conversations.
    I can't believe you have been out of your house for almost a year! My DH would never survive.
    Stay tuned.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

jamrock - must be getting close to moving home!
    Let me know what you think of your faucet placement

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert