Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetoo

Where to buy huge single sink offset drain

sweetoo
9 years ago

Hello, does anyone know where I can buy a super single sink with an offset drain...for a reasonable price, of course.

Also, what is the max size sink that can fit in a 36" base cabinet. I saw a sink on build direct (not offset) and the outer dimensions are 31.5" x 18 1/4" (see pic). Would that be about right? Or can I find a larger one?

Comments (19)

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

You can find many with outer dimension of 33" which will fit. I think that Amazon is a good place to start searching. You can't narrow the search by drain location, but you can by size, mount, # of bowls, material and price range.

If you see a sink you like, see if Amazon has one in its "used" stock. They aren't really used, but the packaging is damaged or it was a return or something like that. I bought my Blanco that way, saved a bunch and it was in perfect condition.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

be careful when buying on amazon as many companies will not honor the warranty.
    silgranite by blanco has a lifetime warranty and is sold at many places and has quite a few large single sinks. check out their website

• javiwa
    9 years ago

To piggyback on ardcp's comment: I recently purchased a Kraus sink from Overstock.com, and noticed a rust spot on the outside (eating right through their StoneGuard coating). I called Kraus; and while the rep acknowledged the rust spot, he told me to return the sink to Overstock since I was still within O.com's 30-day return warranty period. In essence, Kraus wouldn't honor their lifetime warranty since I was still 'covered' by Overstock.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Franke EuroPro GNX11028
    {{gwi:2136751}}
    Rear corner drain, which also tucks the disposer off to the back corner of the cabinet underneath out of the way. Outer dimensions only about 29" wide but the all the space is useful.

Or less expensive and bigger, Elkay EGUH2816Rx

{{gwi:2136752}}
    think they have others of this general type.

• laughablemoments
    9 years ago

Have you compared the granite composite sinks to the SS ones to see which you'd like better? There are people here who really like their granite composite ones, claiming that they are so easy to keep looking clean, that they never look spotted, are very difficult to scratch or chip, etc.

I have a SS center drain sink that always looks spotted and scratched. I may not be in love with its looks, but I sure love its size!

• sweetoo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the tips. It's true, there are many nice ones on amazon for waaaay less than what I'd pay at a store here. The offset ones are harder to find, but on faucet direct you can search based on drain location. They have some nice offset ones br they're more expensive and a little smaller. I'll check out the granite ones though! I've seen then but never gave them a thought...

• Mrs_Nyefnyef
    9 years ago

Please check out the Blanco Diamond Silgranit Super Single sink. It has a corner offset drain. Blanco's Silgranit material is a granite composite, but IMHO it is better than other manufacturer's granite composite sinks.

I've posted a pic of the sink in the "biscuit" color, but it comes in I believe 7 other colors.

I have just installed my third Blanco Diamond Silgranit Super Single (my third kitchen reno), that is how much I like it. It is ROOMY, fits in a 36" cabinet, and has the wonderful corner offset drain. It can be either undermounted or drop-in installation.

I know there are people who like stainless steel sinks, but I do not like stainless steel's water marks and scratches, and how stainless only looks shiny for a few minutes after you've cleaned it. My Silgranit sink, sometimes I clean it just cause i am cleaning the rest of the kitchen, but it doesn't show dirt! I throw wine in there, my kids always throwing soda and iced tea in there and not running the water so it sits, and yet, no stains.

Blanco also makes a "BlancoPrecis Super Single". Its drain is offset in the rear center, rather than the corner. People like the BlancoPrecis style because they like the look of its more angular sides, but other than that and the drain location it is the same as the BlancoDiamond Super Single.

As to the variety of colors, it's great to have the choice. A more traditional kitchen may like the creamy white "biscuit" color I've posted. Or if you like the silver of stainless steel, there is the "metallic gray" color. I myself have the anthracite because I like the cool looks of a charcoal-black-colored sink. Blanco's website has a color selector to help you choose. You can also call Blanco's customer service number and they will send you color chips. Look on this Forum for members' photos of their Silgranit sinks.

Description of Silgranit though a little out of date about the colors

Blanco Diamond Silgranit Super Single Sink

Blanco Precis Silgranit Super Single Sink

• sweetoo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ooh lala Mrs N! The white one is very pretty. Thanks for the links...I'll check them out now.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Maybe the Ultraclean stainless undermount by Create Good? These are sold with either a left or right rear corner drain, and have a seamless disposer or strainer mount somewhat like the Elkay Perfect Drain series. They have a 31-1/2" wide interior - that's about as big as can fit into a 33"w cabinet.

{{gwi:2136753}}

• Teehee1984
    9 years ago

I recently put in a single sink, offset drain because I needed the extra space under the sink. I put in an Elkay, since my KD said it is good quality and the sheen is just right (not so shiny that it shows every scratch or water drop). ......And single sinks are all the rage....supposedly bigger.

To be honest, I don't like the sink. The sheen is good, but it is too small. I wish I had put in a D shape with the offset drain. The single bowl isn't big enough. My previous D-shape (90/10) had much more room and could fit bigger pans.

You can find them on Amazon. Just something else to consider if you like to soak bigger pans.

• sherri1058
    9 years ago

I don't know why the silgranit sinks are so much more expensive in Canada, or perhaps I just haven't found the best website to purchase them from. If you like the dark one, Lowes has the best price that I have found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco super single

• friedajune
    9 years ago

Teehee1984 - can you provide more details as to dimensions? What was the width of your previous 90/10 sink, and what is the width of your current single bowl sink? I can't figure out how the 90% side of the divided bowl sink can be larger than a single bowl sink unless the overall width of the divided sink was larger.

I myself have a single bowl stainless steel sink with drain in the corner. I actually had it custom made because I needed a specific size to fit in my kitchen's corner location. I remember that the sink maker told me although they can place the drain wherever I specified, they didn't like to put it too far into the corner (like the Franke EuroPro GNX11028 pictured in Lee676's post above). It depends on your setup, but putting a drain that far in the corner may not leave enough room for your disposal's width. It's something to check first before buying. My custom sink has a corner drain location similar to the Silgranit Super Single sink pictured above, and fits my large disposal easily.

I like my stainless steel sink, but I have to admit that the scratches and water marks aren't good. Though in the scheme of life, scratches and water marks will not ruin my day haha. But If I had a choice, and didn't need a custom size, I'd go for the ease of the Silgranit sinks.

• lee676
    9 years ago

Yes, check the clearance around the disposer on sinks with rear-mounted drains, especially rear corner drains where the cabinet wall is nearby. Other plumbing like the water inlets and drain that aren't easily moved need to be factored in as well. And clearance for faucets, soap dispensers, and the tank for the instant hot water heater. I recently put a sink into a 24"w cabinet and had to go with a center rear rather than rear corner drain to get everything to fit. That said, if you can make it work, the rear corner drain still works best for a rectangular sink.

The trend toward large single sinks and away from double sinks in largely because much less in-sink washing up is done today with good quality tall-tub dishwashers now the norm. A large single sink with the drain off to one side still gives you plenty of space to hand wash a pot or large item even when there are items on the other side of the sink.

This post was edited by lee676 on Sat, Jan 24, 15 at 16:18

• sweetoo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks lee, the stainless one is nice,
    Sherri, everything is so expensive in Canada:( The best deal I found was on Amazon (see the link) and that's in Canadian dollars/free shipping. And if you don't like that colour, they have many colors at Build.com for good prices. Of course we have to convert to Canadian $ so the price will go up, but surprisingly they are offering free shipping on this sink:) I'm trying to decide between the biscuit one that Mrs N posted, or stainless.....

Here is a link that might be useful: silgranit cinder

• sweetoo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sherri, here's the link to the build.com one:)

Here is a link that might be useful: silgranit anthracite

• sherri1058
    9 years ago

Thanks for the link Soony. I am definitely buying the Silgranit (as of today -who knows what I'll think tomorrow!). I like that they are not zero radius and I love the offset drain idea. Have you seen the sinks in person? I know Blanco will send samples, so I'll have them send me my top couple choices.

• sweetoo
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes Sherri, I've seen them in person and they're verrrry nice. They feel smooth and soft, and the anthracite one seems to have a slight touch of glitter to it. I'm going to buy one very soon too...in the biscuit color:)

• hazelwags
    9 years ago

Teehee - which Elkay sink did you get? We are considering the Crosstown ECTRU3017R but now your comment makes me wonder. Thanks.

• stl1990
    6 years ago

GREATEST SINK AVAILABLE! I got an 8" deep, right hand offset drain. They have multiple sizes, depths, and with or without ledge and accessories. High quality 304 stainless, coolest drain, and I LOVE the ledge option. Greatest customer service team! https://www.creategoodsinks.com/  I found it very difficult to find a QUALITY sink, in 8" deep, offset drain, 28" size and with square corners with professional quality & look. Bonus optional feature was the ledge!!! I am putting this information out there because I felt like it was Christmas the day I ordered the sink and can't wait to see it installed. I had timing issues and the staff (CEO/inventor & daughter) were over-the-top accommodating. Reminder to ask about Contractor discount.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County