Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reben_gw

Cabinets and remodeling

Reben
9 years ago

Hi, I'm planing to remodel my kitchen pretty soon. I live in St. Louis Mo. I've been to 3 different places and still don't know what brand and contractor should I choose. Any idea anybody ? Who makes good cabinets? I don't like Home Depot or laws. How is diamond cabinets compare to merillat ? I just read some bad reviews on diamond cabinets. Thank u

Comments (58)

• rantontoo
    9 years ago

kompy::

I am asking this for my son (and maybe the O.P./others not familiar with the Shiloh brand) who just purchased a mid-50s ranch in a Nashville suburb with original cabinets that previous owners painted white and "doctored"...sure wish they had looked on this site for ideas instead of cobbling their attempt to modernize original slab doors.

How does construction differ with the Aspect line from the regular Shiloh cabinets...what makes Aspect cabinets entry level? How does the price point compare to finished Barker cabinets? His gift from us will need to stretch far to be able to afford new cabinets and windows

I have seen Shiloh cabinets mentioned on Garden Web before, but it is not a common brand in my part of WI.

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Kompy,
    What would a cabinet in aspect cost in comparision to the Shiloh regular line?
    Thanks,
    Gayle

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

Kompy- I know you carry both Shiloh and Showplace (I only have SWP) and you place SWP up a level in price and I wonder?
    Day to day for real kitchens with Showplace the price is competitive with Shiloh, Medallion, Schuler,...Kraftmaid depending on style and below Brookhaven without fail. There are multiple dealers for each, margins are similar.
    Just wondering how you arrive at that price relationship on complete kitchens? any GWers priced several of these brands?

• kompy
    9 years ago

Footballmom, Here's the cost difference.

I priced a 36" upper cabinet and a 36" base cabinet:
    W3630 w/ butt doors
    B36 w/ full width drawer and butt doors

Aspect: Aspen doorstyle, Maple Wood, Half Overlay, Slab Drawers,
    Plywood dovetailed drawer box, Full ext. Hettich Quadro Guide

Shiloh: Aspen door, Maple Wood, Flush Inset, Slab Drawer, Plywood dovetailed drawer box w/ Hettich Quadro standard with Blumotion upgrade available on all, required for inset.

Prices were $589 for Aspect and $876 for Shiloh w/ Blumotion upgrade.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRODUCT DIFFERENCES
    Both Aspect and Shiloh have same finishing processes
    Major product differences:

Aspect: 1/2" particle board construction, melamine interiors, finished ends have 1/4" veneer applied (total finished ends are 3/4" thick), hanging rails solid wood, dovetailed plywood drawers, 3/4" PB shelves, plastic corner braces

Shiloh: 1/2" plywood construction, melamine interiors, finished ends have 1/4" veneer applied (total finished ends are 3/4" thick), hanging rails solid wood, dovetailed plywood drawers, 3/4" plywood shelves with steel shelf pins, solid wood corner braces.

In both, can upgrade drawers to hardwood dovetailed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackuvall, I agree with you! They are very competitive in pricing most of the time. Inset vs Inset, SWP is only about 10% more. But SWP's advantage is Paint Grade Material (instead of Maple) and that helps bring the price down for painted cabinetry. I also think Showplace is slightly better in quality and customization, which is why I put it a bit higher on the list (from Shiloh, KM and Medallion). However, if the kitchen requires a lot of customization, SWP can go up more. Shiloh has a one time charge of 30% for any customization, which is cool...and easy.

For the same 36" wall and base, flush inset, concord, price is $975 for paint grade. $1021 for maple. based on my markup.

By the way, SHILOH IS HAVING A SMALL PRICE INCREASE AT THE END OF JANUARY! I'm not sure how much, I think 1.5% or 2%.

Hope this answers all the questions.
    Kompy

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, Kompy. I am waiting for Shiloh to price out and really, the construction differences seem minimal between aspect and Regular Shiloh, at least where people see them. The finishes on the doors were beautiful on Shiloh. We were looking at the Richmond door and would have a basic stain. They also do not charge for glazing on Shiloh.
    Thanks again.
    Gayle

• tigger9759
    9 years ago

Kompy

I'm in the middle of trying to order Shiloh cabinets before the price increase and was told it was 2%. My KD was a little surprised that they wouldn't even offer a 1 week extension for orders in progress but they were firm that it had to be ordered by the 30th.

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

kompy-" Shiloh has a one time charge of 30% for any customization, which is cool...and easy. "
    certainly easy but no limit to mods?
    Say-Integrated Finished left, side access right, relocate intermediate rail, reduce dimensions by in 1/8ths, and add toespace both sides, one wide stile and wide top rails ALL for 30%?
    Do they have as many mods available as SWP available?

Oh but wait, if it is just a single simple mod then you still pay 30%? Like relocate intermediate rail, or wide top rail?

That would explain why one of the Shiloh dealers never uses wide top rails on inset wall cabinets to fit the molding to-(I have to pull the price out when up against them) if the only mod it costs twice as much as I pay. Might explain why I meet or beat them most of the time and I love my mods and combined cabinets:)

BTW for general info
    Showplace increase Feb 17- 2.3% , plus an extra 1% on paint. Allowing extended delivery to 5/17 but absolutely no extensions on ordering.
    Already saw a 4% increase for QCCI (but may appears to be a reduction with shipping changes)
    Point is folks when we start seeing these increases- most brands follow suit by mid June at latest.

• kompy
    9 years ago

To Jackuvall,

Jackuvall: "certainly easy but no limit to mods?
    Say-Integrated Finished left, side access right, relocate intermediate rail, reduce dimensions by in 1/8ths, and add toespace both sides, one wide stile and wide top rails ALL for 30%? "

Shiloh has a list of standard mods:
    removable toe, flush toe, custom toe, valance toe, fill blind, full depth shelves, finished interiors, full height doors, Make peninsula, Beaded back panel, beaded finished ends, integrated ends, wide stiles, extended stiles, clipped corners.

Any WxDxH modification gets a 30% upcharge. And you can custom to your hearts desire with a 30% upcharge MAX.

I think SWP has more mods. With Shiloh, it may need to be custom quoted by the factory.

Jackuvall:
    "Oh but wait, if it is just a single simple mod then you still pay 30%? Like relocate intermediate rail, or wide top rail?"

Yes, that is true if the modification is NOT on their standard mod list. Like to relocate a rail or do a wide top rail, then yes, 30% each cabinet even for a single thing like that.

Jackuvall:
    "That would explain why one of the Shiloh dealers never uses wide top rails on inset wall cabinets to fit the molding to-(I have to pull the price out when up against them) if the only mod it costs twice as much as I pay. Might explain why I meet or beat them most of the time and I love my mods and combined cabinets:)"

Exactly....the wide top rails option is nice! When I use Shiloh, I usually just do a two piece crown instead of a wide top rail due to expense. Shiloh combines as well. I love combining too. Much much better look on inset!!!!

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification- Think I get it.
    Seams like price variation would be kitchen specific (isn't it always though) guess that's why I compete well with them.

Paying for dimension changes would hurt me -spoiled brat that I am I blithely change sizes at will since it is free in everything I have (except Eastman Street my entry cabinet :)

• kompy
    9 years ago

Exactly! It IS kitchen specific! If one cabinet has a lot of mods, the Shiloh could price out better due to the max 30%. But if every cabinet needs ONE mod at 30% each, the Showplace could be the better price. And SP has paint grade which closes the gap too.

I love both brands....but if prices were equal, I'd go with Showplace. It has a slightly better finish.

• MrsShayne
    9 years ago

I'm from STL too and my neighbors down the street just got their new cabinets from ProSource in Fenton. They carry some nice lines. I know because I just got some vanity quotes from ProSource. For a 72" bathroom vanity I was quoted $1600 bucks though!!!! I told the lady my budget was $1000...

Anyway, there is a small place called Custom Cabinets in Fenton too and they carry Kraftmaid, Merrilat, and Waypoint, which I found to be cheaper than what ProSource quoted me.

I ended up finding a local cabinet maker (guy I went to school with) to make me a one piece 72" vanity. He quoted me 820-950 (depending on maple or cherry) and then I decided to go with an inset cabinet (usually much higher costing) and its 1150. The nice cabinet at ProSource was $1600 so I consider that I decent savings and I would rather use the local guy anyway.

Custom cabinets in Fenton-
    http://ccistlouis.com/cabinets/

Ev's Cabinet shop (local cabinet maker in Barnhart)
    http://evscabinetshop.com/

ProuSrouce
    http://www.prosourcewholesale.com/fenton

• tigger9759
    9 years ago

Kompy:

I was told that in Aspect, if I went with painted doors, it was 5 piece MDF construction with no option for wood; is that true? If so that rules it out for me due to the fear of denting :(

• MrsShayne
    9 years ago

Smiley girl, I was told by a KD and cabinet guy that painted cabinets that are raised almost always use MDF (at least in the raised area) MDF is harder than a lot of wood so denting shouldn't be such a concern. I think some people just assoc MDF with cheap but that's not always the case, MDF has come a long way.. Hope this helps.

• kompy
    9 years ago

SmileyGirl, Only the CENTER panel is MDF, the frames are still MAPLE. Many cabinet lines do this...even the most expensive, top of the line cabinet brands! Plain and Fancy does this too. They do this so the center panel doesn't expand and contract as much. MDF is a much more stable material! It is also strong as high pressure and heat are used to compress this material. It's very dense. This should not be a dealbreaker...it's a good thing.

Some brands (like Showplace) can do the whole door in MDF which will prevent the hairline cracks you can get over time, in the joint areas of the door.

Watch the educational video below regarding MDF vs Solid wood.

Here is a link that might be useful: MDF vs Wood on Painted Cabinetry

• tigger9759
    9 years ago

See I was absolutely fine with the center panel being MDF, it was the entire door being MDF that concerned me because it seems prone to denting. Off to query my KD again who was adamant that it was the entire door...

• kompy
    9 years ago

Maybe I read the specs wrong, but I don't think so. Here is what it said:

Door panels for painted finishes will be MDF construction. Painted finishes will show evidence of slight crack lines at joints in doors, frames and at glue joints in panels. Due to the natural expansion and contraction of wood, door panels will shrink, exposing unfinished areas of wood. If proper humidification is not maintained in storage and after permanent installation. Areas of end grains on edges and panel cuts may exhibit voids in wood which appear as rough spots in wood. We consider these imperfections normal for solid wood products and will not be considered as cause for replacement. Warranties for painted finishes are two years.

Have your KD call Shiloh and ask to make sure. I assume door panels means the center panel....not the entire door. Otherwise it would state that Doors with painted finishes will be MDF.

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

"MDF that concerned me because it seems prone to denting"
    I really didn't know the answer to this one so went to test it out.

I just grabbed a couple of door samples that are cut in half- One with a center panel in MDF, the other door is Cherry- both are painted. (it was what was handy)

I smacked the cut edge of the MDF with the cut edge of the other one at a 45 degree angle- progressively harder until I got a dent in the MDF. It took 4 hits (not in the same spot, just harder each time)
    I had to hit it hard with something like the force I'd use to drive a finishing nail in order to make a dent that is less than 1/32". The cherry dented every single time and a good bet deeper than the MDF.
    When I finally did dent the MDF it also chipped the paint- actually that is about all it did. The paint never chipped on the cherry
    Now hard maple would be less likely to dent than the cherry but more likely to chip paint. It also may have shown on the MDF sooner- but then again many makers use soft maple for paint which behaves a bit more like cherry.
    As in all things....YMMV

• kompy
    9 years ago

Smileygirl, I'm emailing Shiloh now. Their specs are confusing. I suppose it could be taken either way. I'll let you know what they say!

• kompy
    9 years ago

Smileygirl, Here was their reply:

"Center panels are the only MDF in a door. Rails would be wood."

• tigger9759
    9 years ago

Thanks kompy! And you too Jakuvall! I would have expected MDF panels for sure, it was the rails that was throwing me. For some reason I had in my mind that a door that was completely MDF wouldn't be as durable even though it wouldn't show the lines around the panels

• Reben
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I'm gonna go with red cherry Oxford style door from shiloh

• mdln
    9 years ago

I have Shiloh, due in large part to GW, and am happy with the quality.

What would I have done differently? Traveled out of state to use kompy as my KD. :-)

• kompy
    9 years ago

Awww thanks mdln!

Reben, I did a Cherry w/ Red finish last year and it turned out gorgeous! They used the Aspen door instead and it was flush inset. I'm hoping to get pics of it someday! The homeowners are busy people.

Kompy

This post was edited by kompy on Tue, Feb 3, 15 at 7:40

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Shiloh is pricing out about 4000.00 more than Medallion with a very similar door. The finish on the Shiloh cabinet is beautiful I haven't seen a finish on a Medallion door except for the display in the store. There isn't a shop for Medallion near me except for Just Cabinets. The Shiloh dealer doesn't have a full display yet.
    It make is very difficult to make a decision. I have ruled out Kraftmaid even though it falls in the middle of both. I did not like the door styles or finish as well on the Kraftmaid.
    I have been trying to compare construction between Medallion and Shiloh. The one definite advantage I see to the Shiloh is Shiloh makes their own doors and that contributes to the beautiful finish.
    Shiloh is also having an excellent promotion now. Free glazing and distressing( which is always free ) and free inset or beaded inset.
    Kompy, does door style change the pricing of Shiloh much? The KD I am using has never priced out the Aspect line, so the durability does concern me a little. Consturcution seems on par with American Woodmark, Waypoint, and Aristokraft. All reasonible but definitely lesser quality than Medallion and Shiloh.
    Thanks again,
    Gayle

• kompy
    9 years ago

$4000?? That can't be! I need more info though before I can advise you.

Medallion: Which series, Platinum, Gold or Silver?
    Door? Overlay? Finish/Wood? Any other upgrades?

Shiloh? Door and overlay? Upgrades? Type of drawer box and guides?

At my store, I sell both and Medallion Gold is more than Shiloh Inset by just a little bit. Medallion Platinum is quite a bit more than Shiloh. However, Medallion Silverline will be less.

Shiloh is about 1/3 more than Silverline. For instance, if Silverline costs $12,500....then Shiloh inset would come out to about $16,600. Is that what you are comparing????

• kompy
    9 years ago

Ps. Also, what is cabinet quotes for each?

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Kompy,
    The Shiloh is for the Richmond door in maple spice with a mocha glaze, 17500.00 The Medallion is gold line and the door is Calistoga or Ellison without the glaze and the Quote from the Cabinet shop is 13750.00 and from Lowe's in Schuler is 14500.00. I would go to the Briarwood from Medallion but is is partial overlay.
    I wanted the glaze on these doors, but it apparently adds 15% to the cabinets in Medallion.
    I was a little surpirsed at how much Shiloh offers at no upcharge though. the glazing, distressing, and beaded insert or regular inset ar no upcharge from Shiloh at this time. I don't want any of those things.
    I don't have the ability to scan right now or I would post a cabinet layout and price list.
    Thanks,
    Gayle

• footballmom
    9 years ago

The are with no construction upgrades, standard glides and the inserts are limited to a trash pullouts.
    The Shiloh and Medallion dealers worked from the exact same cabinet list, courtesy of Lowe's. List is the same. Right now there is pressure to chose as I need to get started. Appliances are chosen and the contractor is waiting. I was told that the lead time is about the same but that Shiloh runs about 2 weeks behind during certain times of the year and to allow for that.
    Thanks, Gayle

• kompy
    9 years ago

That helps a little bit. Shiloh full overlay is more expensive that their flush and beaded inset. But still, there shouldn't be that much of a difference. Shiloh might be about 5-7% more than Medallion Gold. Shiloh has a plywood box w/ a laminated interior....which is an upgrade with Medallion.

5% more than Schuler is still only $15,370. The only other things that would make such a difference is this:
    1. Medallion had a few specialty cabinets not available by Shiloh, so Shiloh had to custom quote a few cabinets.

2. The Shiloh dealer marked it up more.

3. Medallion has some promotions that I didn't take in to account, so that could be some of the cost difference.

If I were you, consider the Richmond flush Inset, the price will come down. Or take the pricing in to your Shiloh dealer and show them the price difference. They will probably work with you if they can!

Good luck,
    KOMPY

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, Kompy. I will do that. I work 12 hour nights, so will do this on Monday.
    It is so wonderful to have KD's on the forum as well as cabinet makers, appliance repair people, engineers, ect.
    Gayle

• kompy
    9 years ago

Hi Gayle, I also must say that I think Medallion has some of the most beautiful maple finishes around. Maple can be hard to finish sometimes since it does not take stain as well as a wood like cherry. In some lines it's splotchy looking with some finishes. My favorite maple finish with Medallion is Harvest Bronze. I did a bathroom in this a few years ago. I'll try to find a picture.

If you can get the Medallion that much less than Shiloh....I do think some of their maple stains are really pretty....go for it. I'm not a fan of the Glazing by Shiloh.....too heavy. Their highlights are ok though.

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Kompy,
    That cabinet is beautiful! I love the door and the stain. It looks as if there are highlights or glazing, Is there?
    I looked at the Medallion stain listing for Maple and there is not a Harvest Bronze listed. Could this be the Pecan? It has a reddish tint to it.
    I really wanted Hickory cabinets as they make my heart sing when they have a medium stain on them. I have been told by every cabinet place I visited that it really isn't a good choice if we are considering resale , ever. All of the designers around her, (southern Pennsylvania) feel that it will turn off buyers. The designers feel that the grain is too much a reminder of 80's oak.
    Have you done any Hickory kitchens that have a traditional feel? I wanted a classic door style with a medium stain. Around here they seem to think it is too country or rustic , cabin looking.
    I have several samples of the Medallion Hickory stains as the company set them to me. I just love the Rumberry and the Pecan stains on the Hickory.
    Have you seen any finished doors in either?
    I have been told that since my kitchen faces due south that my cabinet on the south side will take on one color and the ones on the north side will look like they belong in a completely different space due to the aging of the wood. I think that is my biggest deterrent to getting the Hickory.
    Two of the KD's also told me that the Hickory is much more expensive that the Maple. I have one pricing that out. (Schuler in Durham). I am making a decision by Monday. I need to quit pussy-footing around and just make a decision. Urgh!
    I want to apologize for hijacking this thread. It was not my intention.
    Thanks, again
    Gayle

• kompy
    9 years ago

Yes, Harvest Bronze has a glaze on it. For some reason, back when I did that bathroom, it was just called "Harvest Bronze" and it had a glaze. It appears now that is different. It is called Harvest Bronze w/ Ebony Glaze. Hmmm.

Here's what the website says about it:
    "Maple Harvest Bronze Ebony Glaze:
    Light coverage finish with warm brown color and deep gold undertones and an overlay of charcoal colored glaze that further enhances the wood grain and door style selected. Our glazing technique on wood cabinets is achieved by spraying an accent color over the base stain then wiping it off by hand. In this process, accent color will hang up in corners, on edges and in open grain areas of the wood. An oven-cured satin finish top-coat is the last step."

Regarding HICKORY. I disagree somewhat with what people are saying in your area. Firstly, Hickory is NOT an upcharge. It is almost always LESS than Maple....in some lines, a minor step down while in others, a huge price difference. In Medallion, it's definitely less than Maple.

I think the grain of hickory is a lot tighter than oak...so therefore, not going to be a turn off to potential buyers. Also the doorstyle and medium brown finish has a lot to do with it's longevity. I LOVE the Ellison door and a medium brown hickory in that would be lovely. I have a small countertop display area with the Callistoga door in Amaretto. I love the rumberry too. When I get a chance, I'll post it for you. It's beautiful and in my mind, very timeless! Whether or not it goes in your home, is up to you to decide.

The bathroom in my previous post was Brookhill maple (price group 4, hickory price group 3). Callistoga (Maple 9, hickory 8) , Ellison (Maple 8, Hickory 7).

• kompy
    9 years ago

Here are two pics of MEDALLION Callistoga Hickory with Amaretto finish. One pic shows up lighter. In real life, it does resemble the darker photo! With the more modern hardware, it looks less country-fied. Hope this helps. If hickory makes your heart sing....go with it. For what it's worth, I also love hickory!

This one looks more true to life:
    {{gwi:2144303}}

This one shows up LIGHTER.
    {{gwi:2144304}}

KOMPY

• kompy
    9 years ago

Sorry for taking over this thread....football mom, you should email. I have some news that might interest you.

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Oh Kompy,
    I really do appreciate you time and effort to help me. Those pictures of the hickory cabinets just make me want to do the Hickory even more. I think it adds interest to the cabinets and really is beautiful. I cannot believe all of the KD and realtors are trying to steer me away for this. I love wood. I love maple, cherry, oak ash, pine alder, red birch, all of them. I pine for this hickory and walnut. Walnut is out of reach so hickory it is. I first fell in love with it when I saw an Omega cabinet display in pecan years ago. The Omega is slightly out of reach and for some reason the pecan is much more expensive. I did not realize that pecan was the sister of hickory and when I found this out I hunted down my dream woods less expensive brother and have been in love ever since.
    I think I may have put off ordering the cabinets as I want my dream kitchen with my dream wood. I do love the maple door in Shiloh and found a good substitute in the Medallion, but haven't been IN LOVE.
    It seemed as if I would be marrying my second choice. I deserve my first choice. I did not settle when I picked my man and I am not going to settle with my cabinet wood either! I am worth it.
    Thanks again, Kompy.

Gayle

• footballmom
    9 years ago

Kompy, I sent you and EMAIL. Mine isn't working properly. Trying to fix it.
    Gayle

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I am following this thread as it teaches a lot and I want to see what the original poster chooses for her cabinets.

• slk7e7
    9 years ago

I live in STL as well and we are doing Shiloh! I'm late to this thread but so happy to find it.

• Lily Spider
    9 years ago

Soooo what was the final decision?

• New Freedom Nurse
    9 years ago

Well,after modifying the floor plan and reevaluating the cabinet construction, upgrades, up charges and dealers, we are planning on the Shiloh Richmond beaded inset door in Chestnut Hickory with a black or mocha highlight. Still deciding if I want slab drawers or 5 piece. I need to see if the price difference in drawers is worth the expense.

I have a rather small kitchen and realize that the Hickory itself adds a lot of detail and I just don't want to overwhelm the space. i am going to have almost all drawers. My one concern is picking a counter top and backsplash that won't compete with the cabinets and make it seem too busy.

Absolute black was suggested but I am not partial to all black. I was going to go with a maple cabinet to make all of the rest of the choices easier, but the hickory just speaks to me.

Kompy, thanks for your assistance.

Gayle

Reben thanked New Freedom Nurse
  • New Freedom Nurse
    9 years ago

I was granite shopping today and could only find black granites to look ok with the hickory from Shiloh. I found a beautiful granite to go with a maple door, but I did not want a maple door. Shiloh has very limited stains for hickory. I just found out that the stain I like in Maple with the Alaskan White Granite is only available in the Weathered Finish. Reben, have you mad any decisions?

I may end up changing my floor plan or changing cabinet lines to get what I want.

I really did have my heart set on hickory. The best stains I have seen for hickory are the stains from Showplace and Medallion. I may have to go back to one of them unless I want to settle for my second favorite, but the Shiloh cabinets are beautiful, just not what I had my heart set on in that combination.

• Reben
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Traumanurse1. I haven't yet to be honest but probably it is going to be the shavannah style red cherry with black glaze from shiloh. But I have been having a hard time finding an affordable installer. They are asking for too much money.

• Reben
    Original Author
    8 years ago

This is too funny. I have a mid size kitchen and brought in HD just to see how much their gonna charge me for labor. They somehow came up with near 20k . I won't use HD anyways but I was just wondering .

• juno_barks
    8 years ago

I put in my IKEA kitchen last summer/fall, and have to say I really am impressed. 8k for a large kitchen, though tons of sweat equity isn't accounted for in that number. Yes - maybe it was 20K worth of labor - and I ended up with a top notch kitchen.

• beth09
    8 years ago

Just saw this thread for the first time, thanks to the pros for so generously weighing in. Very educational for us newbies.

Reben, I don't live in St. Louis, but within driving distance. Let us know who and what you end up with, I will be curious to hear. (and I have read more bad posts about HD, outrageous!)

• live_wire_oak
    8 years ago

There's a BIG difference in "installing cabinets" and adding all of the other labor that goes with a remodel. Like electrical, plumbing, appliance installation, painting walls, drywall repair, flooring, backsplash, etc. Add all of those tasks up, and you very well might be at 20K worth of labor.

• Reben
    Original Author
    8 years ago

No problem. I will let u know Beth09. shiloh kitchen and bath here in STL recommended a contractor, just a guy who has been working with the kitchen designer at Shiloh for a while and haven't had any problems , he came in and gave me an estimate for the same job. It was about 10,000 dollars for everything, pluming,electric, flooring, backsplash and adding more cabinetry. So, my cabinets was about 10,000 for solid wood front and plywood box, full extension soft close , build up and crown as well. I finded a good deal.

• Stacey Cowardin
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I am wondering if anyone can say why the aspect line is Considered the lower grade than shiloh. Doing a bathroom upgrade and spending in the low 20's, need to understand if I'll regret choosing the lower line, aspect?

• cathybacker
    5 years ago

Reben who was your contractor