Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
canadamom_gw

quarzite bianca, white and grey kitchen

canadamom
12 years ago

Finally my kitchen is almost finished. we are waiting for the hood (which is being custom made) and a few other small things including shades and decor. Although I have not posted much, I have read and used this forum a ton! Someone even posted a picture which became my inspiration for this kitchen, so I owe you big time! My kitchen dimensions are 17 by 17 and we had a lot to fit in, but i'm glad it all worked out. As an orthodox jew, we separate milk and meat, so we have two stovetops, two ovens, and two sinks, and two dishwashers. we also have a third small sink in the island for washing hands, and a microwave. All our new appliances are bosch, the sinks are from ikea, the handles are from richelieu, and the faucets are riobelle. And I adore my floor! it's soft to walk on, unlike ceramic and it's warm, its karndean vinyl. my counters are quarzite bianca so enjoy!!!

Comments (27)

• sas95
    12 years ago

Very pretty! I especially like your backsplash.

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Very cool! Love the backsplash. Post Pics when the hood is installed!

• tubeman
    12 years ago

I love the contrast! I like the way they kept the grain lined up. Super cool BS!

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

I really like how well thought out your space is and how the separation accomodates your needs with minimal overlapping. Beautiful backsplash and REALLY beautiful stone for your counters. ENJOY!

• maggieq
    12 years ago

Stunning.......details on the gorgeous backsplash please!

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

Fantastic job! I really love the originality with the black/white cabinets, and your quartzite is gorgeous!!! What is the backsplash? It's so striking!

I'd love to see your inspiration pic to see how you made it your own. I'm sure you'll enjoy your beautiful new kitchen!

• enduring
    12 years ago

I think it is very nice how the grain in the top drawers play off of the grain of the quartzite. Thanks for sharing.

• motherof3sons
    12 years ago

That is one cool kitchen! The handles are fantastic, along with the counters, the mix of colors, the backsplash (drool) and on and on! Enjoy!!!

• sixtyohno
    12 years ago

This is just marvelous. The colors are wonderful. I'm glad you had room to separate meat and dairy. It must make cooking easier. I especially love the way you brought in the black horizontally, from the floor to the ceiling. Congrats.
    Laura

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is way cool!!! Love the look, great job!

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

I love your kitchen! it is so unique and love all the clean lines and lightness.

• canadamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanx for all the replies! I'm not even sure of the name of my backsplash. I got it at ciot in montreal, I know it's marble, but don't know the color... my hood is actually being painted right now at a car paint shop to get that really high gloss. I think it's going to be amazing... will post pics when it's in!

• rj56
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Wishing you and your family many happy times in your new space.

• ellendi
    12 years ago

Everything coordinates beatifully. I especially like how you have two colors for the drawers. I have never seen anything like it.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Lovely! Really like the combinations you chose.

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Very nice....the backsplash is stunning!

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. Love the backsplash and the contrast in your cabinets! Well done! Looking forward to pix with the hood installed!

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! I love the contrast of dark wood mixed with white, and you did it in a way that I haven't seen before. Like everybody else, love the backsplash with that granite too.

Those lights are great too...where are they from?

• drainbead
    12 years ago

Beautiful. I love the colors, and the backsplash is stunning!

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Oh wow! Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the quartzite and the backsplash especially. Love the lights too. Thanks for sharing.

• MIssyV
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is very "ooh la la!" I love it, you did a great job pulling it all together. Looks very well thought out. And as everyone else has already said, I love your back splash, it really pulls it all together and makes a great statement....but I also love the quartzite too.

Be sure to post again when the hood is in!

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Very sleek and beautiful. Gorgeous quartzite and BS and lovely fixtures. Can't wait to see that hood--it's going to be the crowning gem!

• mrshanson1
    12 years ago

love, love, love your countertop. So very pretty. You have very exquisite taste!

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Very nice kitchen. I really like the brown accents on the cabinets and the fixtures, especially the lights.

• athomesewing
    12 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen, and I LOVE your floor!

• davidro1
    12 years ago

reminds me of a russian black and white cookie I've seen in montreal, where the black and white were just two large sections. In a (russian black and white) cake, you get these two colors, but interspersed in smaller segments. Your two ceramic pieces add to this two tone theme.

your Riobel faucets at the main sinks have a dual-action spray that you activate by swiveling the handheld spray tip.

you have great sources. many are so rare they make me feel like a botanist discovering new species. karndean vinyl, quartzite, riobel, pendants (make?), even the ikea panels and drawer fronts. let me know what your outlet covers will be.

• annachosaknj6b
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love the contrast of the dark wood with the white and the way the backsplash ties the colors and the countertop together. As someone else with a kosher kitchen, I know how hard it is to come up with a functional layout that still looks great, but you accomplished it very well indeed. (I bet I know people here from your community too. :-) )