Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplash...material...where to purchase?

Posted by ao34 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 13:58

I have decided I want a pale blue subway backsplash. What I don't know is what material is the best to get? What are my options, glass? ceramic? I know I don't want stone or anything rough, I want something that easily wipes clean.

Also, where do most people get their backsplash? Online? Local tile retailers? Home Depot/Lowes? I noticed people have several options of tiles and ask for votes, do the stores just let you take the piece of tile home with you?

Any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplash...material...where to purchase?

We bought ours from a granite/tile place (who also installed it). The shops like that will let you take home a few samples at a time to feel them out. You take them back when you're ready to order or if you need to change out samples cause none of those worked.

You can get sample from Lowes or Home Depot, but you have to buy them. I don't know their refund policy, but I bet they'll take back all the ones you end up not using.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here