Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help... Other names for Quartzite and granite?

Posted by new_home1024 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 13:49

I accidentally put this in the building a home forum but would like it here. I'm in the process of looking for granite for our new home. At the second place I went, I found two that I really like. I came home and googled the names and these do not seem to exist. Does anyone know other names for these?
Glacier Cloud Quartzite (pictured below) and Aztec Cream Granite

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help... Other names for Quartzite and granite?

Wow!! I'm jealous! I wish I could find a slab (or three) like that in my area (Nashville, TN). Just gorgeous! I did see one similar at a warehouse in my area called "Super White Granite".

o

That's gorgeous! Could also be Super White or Moon Night or any number of other names. Make sure you get a sample and test it at home for durability and etching. That tile sample on top does not go at all with the stone, IMHO. Not that you asked. ;)

o

Stunning slab! Nice find!

o

Are you in PA by any chance? I think I have seen those slabs!

They are utterly stunning. I think it's Super White/ Pricess White.

We have it (although I think those slabs are nicer than ours), ours is beautiful but it does etch so make sure you check.

Good luck deciding!

o

Breezey girl - completely agree about the tile not matching. We liked it on a different wall and put it there and said Yuck! That just happened to be when we remembered to take a picture of the slab.

Hoboken, we are in PA. We found this at suburban granite in warminster.

o

Just an update, I got a sample of the glacier cloud and it did scratch glass. I also tested the unsealed sample with lemon juice, a lemon wedge, and tomato sauce. I only left it for about a half hour but it didn't stain. We are very happy and are going with the glacier cloud.

o

It's beautiful : ) Congrats!

o

That's the most beautiful slab of Super White I've ever seen! Stunning! I'm anxious to see what backsplash you pair with it!!

o

Thanks! Babs, it definitely will NOT be the backsplash that is shown in the picture! We are building our home and we won't be moving until May. We want to see the kitchen put together before finalizing a backsplash so it probably won't be until summer. We are leaning towards ceramic tiles like the one in the photo but in white with stainless steel accent tiles. Our cabinets are cherry and our appliances are stainless.

o

I also love that granite! Where in Warminster is this place? I grew up there but now live at the shore. No problem with traveling if I can find beautiful granite like that!

o

It's called suburban marble and granite
http://www.suburbanmarble.com/

It's off of jacksonville road between street rd and bristol road.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here