Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Week 34: Jonsing to get outside? Or getting things done inside?

CEFreeman
9 years ago

I forgot again. Sorry!
Anyone can feel free to jump in and start a week for us. :) Don't have to wait for this slow poke!

It's in the 40s here and I keep thinking I should be outside cleaning up or building my next raised garden bed. The minute I get out there, I'll be freezing.

So inside, I'm putting a face frame (beaded, of course) on 3 cabinets in the DR, uniting them into one. Since I don't seem to have the capacity to measure accurately, I have to do some jury rigging.

I'm still getting things done inside, but I pause, sit, and look out the window. I feel guilty not being outside.

I've stripped and stained the doors of one of two glass cabinets. I love the look of older wood in white cabinetry, so I'm keeping the carcasses painted. Looks very cool so far.

I will ("WILL," I SAY!) finish this face frame project, then I'm going to move on to the other side, where I'm ripping out my final particle board, 50s cabinets and replacing them with plywood, nice ones.

That leaves the credenza (glass cabinet section), putting down a floor, and making doors for a couple of cabinets.

Really, with the LR painted I'm motivated to get something, anything done.

In the meanwhile,
Great progress on the brick.
Pink elephant, a sweet, gorgeous little girl you have.
Shicksal. As always, hang in there. This too shall pass. Ok, maybe like gas, but it'll pass.
Annkh, it's not safe to throw yourself down mountains. Nor is it a good thing to eat cicadas, just so you know.
Great progress, Doug! :)

And to all a good night. :) Ok, I'm just going to work.

Comments (6)