Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishiwasinoz

Galaxy Tool Supply - Ticor Sinks

wishiwasinoz
11 years ago

Does anyone know if Galaxy Tool Supply is still in business? Their web site was up until a few days ago. Also, when you call, it says they are closed, but gives their hours as if they should be open.

The last couple of days it's had the following message on the web site:
"Thank you for visiting! We are currently performing scheduled maintenance and updates on the website.

We will be back online to serve you within 15 minutes to an hour.

Thank you for your patience!"

Comments (17)

• Peke
    11 years ago

I have been trying to get them too.

• lydiaf
    11 years ago

Same issue here with trying to reach Galaxy's website.

Additionally, I have been trying to find Ticor sinks elsewhere. They are listed as "out of stock" or "back order, no ETA" on several sites: build.com, bluebath, zigsby's.

• minty19
    11 years ago
  • writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Overstock sometimes has them.

EDIT But I just checked and they don't have any right now, either.

This post was edited by writersblock on Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 16:33

• lydiaf
    11 years ago

It appears that Ticor and GTS may be defunct, or at least not available to be contacted at this point.

Sorry to hear that since so many GW's had such great experiences. But at this point, even if I found a Ticor sink available, I'd be hesitant to purchase...since the lifetime warranty doesn't seem to be so lifetime?

So back to the drawing board.

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Oh that's too bad about Ticor and Galaxy Tool Supply!

Check out Kraus stainless steel sinks. 16-gauge, come with sink grid and drain strainer. Kraus faucets are supposed to be good too (I don't have one, but I've read that on this forum). The website I am linking always has a coupon for some percentage off, varying bet. 5% and 15%.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus Stainless Steel Sinks

• lydiaf
    11 years ago

@akchicago, why thank you for taking the trouble to send that along, much appreciated.

I had narrowed down my search to Ticor, Artisan and Kraus. (The sink will be a secondary pantry/mud room sink, looking for relatively deep (10"), 16 gauge, 21X17-ish range and not-quite-so-zero radius). So Kraus is high on my list and my decision date is looming.

• aliris19
    11 years ago

I've been wondering about Galaxy too.

I have and love my Kraus sink. If you live in a lead-faucet-concerned state (e.g., California), you might find yourself out of compliance with a Kraus faucet. And if you care about these things, you might care about it no matter where you live. It's something I would look into before buying a Kraus faucet -- you can call them and they'll tell you what's up with their lead compliance.

• lydiaf
    11 years ago

Thank you aliris19. Not in California, but lead is always something to be watchful of.

Fortunately my search is strictly for the sink. The faucet has already been acquired.

So sink search narrowed to Kraus and Artisan. Thanks much for your input on Kraus, that helps alot.

This post was edited by 3blackdogs on Tue, Nov 25, 14 at 14:09

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Actually, most of the Kraus faucets are lead-compliant. It will say it on the listing. I think there are just two in Kraus' entire line of faucets that are not compliant.

• buildinva
    10 years ago

I was wondering about Galaxy too...

• twbradford
    10 years ago

I believe C-Tech is the same as Ticor. I have the C-Tech sink.

You can see the sinks here: http://www.c-tech-i.com/

• dennisforman
    10 years ago

Galaxy Tool Supply website has been down for more than 3 months so I am pretty sure they are out of business. If you are looking for Ticor sinks there are a few sellers that are still selling them. Maybe left over inventory. I know Mainfaucet.com has some Ticor sinks listed on their website. I myself bought a Ruvati sink and am quite happy with it.

• curlycue
    10 years ago

Hi, I just purchased a Ticor sink from a vendor called "squaresinks" on ebay.

They told me that Ticor was not out of business but some of their vendors are.

• kobitools
    10 years ago

Ticor sinks have a new distributor in the USA now. Kobi Tools

www.kobitools.com

This post was edited by kobitools on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 11:09

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

That's good to know. I had great service from Galaxy Tool Supply when I bought my sink.

• CertifiedKitchDesign
    9 years ago

Unfortunately Ticor is out of business now. There may be a few sinks floating around on eBay. I've been using Bella and Ellis stainless steel undermount sinks and have been very happy with them. They are mostly 16 guage, but they do offer a few in 18 guage. The few times I've had questions, they answered their phones and were able to help me. Here is picture of one that I use quite often for my clients. It's a standard double bowl 16 gauge sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bella and Ellis at Stainless-Sink.com