Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Galaxy Tool Supply - Ticor Sinks

Posted by wishiwasinoz (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 13:46

Does anyone know if Galaxy Tool Supply is still in business? Their web site was up until a few days ago. Also, when you call, it says they are closed, but gives their hours as if they should be open.

The last couple of days it's had the following message on the web site:
"Thank you for visiting! We are currently performing scheduled maintenance and updates on the website.

We will be back online to serve you within 15 minutes to an hour.

Thank you for your patience!"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Galaxy Tool Supply - Ticor Sinks

I have been trying to get them too.

o

Same issue here with trying to reach Galaxy's website.

Additionally, I have been trying to find Ticor sinks elsewhere. They are listed as "out of stock" or "back order, no ETA" on several sites: build.com, bluebath, zigsby's.

o

Try mainfaucet.com

o

Overstock sometimes has them.

EDIT But I just checked and they don't have any right now, either.

This post was edited by writersblock on Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 16:33

o

It appears that Ticor and GTS may be defunct, or at least not available to be contacted at this point.

Sorry to hear that since so many GW's had such great experiences. But at this point, even if I found a Ticor sink available, I'd be hesitant to purchase...since the lifetime warranty doesn't seem to be so lifetime?

So back to the drawing board.

o

Oh that's too bad about Ticor and Galaxy Tool Supply!

Check out Kraus stainless steel sinks. 16-gauge, come with sink grid and drain strainer. Kraus faucets are supposed to be good too (I don't have one, but I've read that on this forum). The website I am linking always has a coupon for some percentage off, varying bet. 5% and 15%.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus Stainless Steel Sinks

o

@akchicago, why thank you for taking the trouble to send that along, much appreciated.

I had narrowed down my search to Ticor, Artisan and Kraus. (The sink will be a secondary pantry/mud room sink, looking for relatively deep (10"), 16 gauge, 21X17-ish range and not-quite-so-zero radius). So Kraus is high on my list and my decision date is looming.

o

I've been wondering about Galaxy too.

I have and love my Kraus sink. If you live in a lead-faucet-concerned state (e.g., California), you might find yourself out of compliance with a Kraus faucet. And if you care about these things, you might care about it no matter where you live. It's something I would look into before buying a Kraus faucet -- you can call them and they'll tell you what's up with their lead compliance.

o

Thank you aliris19. Not in California, but lead is always something to be watchful of. Where I live (the Frozen Tundra) I'm doing a complete main floor house reno -- and am using 150 yr old homesteaded log cabin beams and 100 yr old barn doors as architectural 'interest points'. Still a few remnants of old whitewash paint on the doors, looking at what that will take to diagnose if there's an issue, and make safe too.

Fortunately my search is strictly for the sink. The faucet has already been acquired (a Samuel Heath Georgian bridge...breathtakingly pretty and nutsy expensive original price; snatched it up for <$200 from a shmancy showroom that was closing down.) I'll always chuckle at it in my laundry/mud room. It's the prince that has fallen from grace, and is now living in a gypsy camp.

So sink search narrowed to Kraus and Artisan. Thanks much for your input on Kraus, that helps alot.

This post was edited by 3blackdogs on Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 23:11

o

Actually, most of the Kraus faucets are lead-compliant. It will say it on the listing. I think there are just two in Kraus' entire line of faucets that are not compliant.

o

I was wondering about Galaxy too...

o

I believe C-Tech is the same as Ticor. I have the C-Tech sink.

You can see the sinks here: http://www.c-tech-i.com/

o

Galaxy Tool Supply website has been down for more than 3 months so I am pretty sure they are out of business. If you are looking for Ticor sinks there are a few sellers that are still selling them. Maybe left over inventory. I know Mainfaucet.com has some Ticor sinks listed on their website. I myself bought a Ruvati sink and am quite happy with it.

o

Hi, I just purchased a Ticor sink from a vendor called "squaresinks" on ebay.

They told me that Ticor was not out of business but some of their vendors are.

o
galaxy tool supply - ticor sinks are back!

Ticor sinks have a new distributor in the USA now. Kobi Tools

www.kobitools.com

This post was edited by kobitools on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 11:09

o

That's good to know. I had great service from Galaxy Tool Supply when I bought my sink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here