Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
november_gw

another finished black/white kitchen - pics

november
16 years ago

We're 99% done - haven't done the backsplash yet, but I'm afraid this is as good as it's ever going to look, with three little kids! I'm really happy with it - it was a total first-level remodel of our house - kitchen moved to family room, family room moved to new addition, old kitchen became mudroom, etc. It was so worth it. Thank you to everyone on this forum - I researched everything extensively here!

here are some details:

cabinets - Plain & Fancy, shaker inset, dove white

cabinet hardware - Expo design center

cooktop hood - GE Profile

all other appliances - kitchenaid (incl. microwave in island - forgot to take pic)

island - grothouse lumber, flat grain maple

faucets - kohler

sinks - elkay

countertops - honed absolute black (which I love love love!)

thanks for looking.

Comments (18)

• brachl
    16 years ago

lovely -- classic and inviting!

your floor plan seems similar to at least part of mine -what are the dimensions of your kitchen and how big are your aisles? TIA for your answers

• bloominwhereplanted
    16 years ago

Okay, I'll ask... where's your fridge? I see the prep sink in the island, which leads me to believe the fridge is on that side of the kitchen...? Everything looks lovely by the way!

bloomin...

• fran1523
    16 years ago

Lovely, classic look, and I see you're using it hard already.

• grannabelle
    16 years ago

very, very nice!! could you tell me about your bar stools, they are the style i am looking for (only in oak) thanks

• acc0406
    16 years ago

Looks great! How deep is the overhang for the bar seating?

• jama_thome
    16 years ago

Very pretty - Congrats!

• november
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks everyone! Yes, I actually do have a fridge! French door kitchenaid. I forgot to post that pic.

brachl - the kitchen is 22'x 16' and the aisles are 46"
    acc0406 - the overhang is 15"
    grannabelle - the stools are from Target. they're very solid. there are identical ones at Pottery Barn, but they're twice the cost.

• User
    16 years ago

Congratulations! I love that your pictures include evidence of kids in the home. It must have been quite a challenge reworking your entire space, but it is clearly worth it.

Your glassware cabinet and serving area is a really nice touch. I can just imagine an assortment of desserts set there around the holidays - Enjoy!

• plllog
    16 years ago

Lovely! I really like the brightness and simplicity.

• kitchenkelly
    16 years ago

Very classic. Great combination of colors and materials. What is the color on your walls? Very pretty.

Congrats!

• vicnsb
    16 years ago

Its very pretty and looks so functional.
    Would love to see a photo of the whole thing!
    Congratulations!

• november
    Original Author
    16 years ago

the wall color is benjamin moore moonshadow - it's kind of a sage green. we have the next one up on the color chip in our family room.

thanks for all of your nice comments! it's fun to be the one posting the finished kitchen, after months of reading this forum!

• kren_pa
    16 years ago

very very nice. i like the view out of your window...and the trays of cookies. FWIW, i like it the way it is, without a backsplash, the paint color is so nice! kren

• kbmas0n
    16 years ago

Ooooh! Very nice! I can't wait to post mine (someday!). We are also doing the white, shaker style. What type of prep sink is that?

• fairytalebaby
    16 years ago

Beautiful kitchen....we have similar decorating styles (sippy cups and kid toys)! I especially love your island and barstools--could you give me the dimensions of your island? I just asked everyone how long an island should be to fit four barstools and yours looks perfect!

• november
    Original Author
    16 years ago

fairytalebaby - I saw your earlier post about island size, and I didn't answer because you had so many answers! Ours is 96" long x 40" deep. Four stools fit comfortably, and I plan to squeeze in 5 for larger family gatherings. I guess it also depends on how wide your stools are. The ones I have are about 15" wide.

• raehelen
    16 years ago

Looks great!

Somehow, it appears as if it's always been there, and as if nothing is out of place... not sure what I'm trying to get at, but I guess it just very timeless!

• starpooh
    16 years ago

May I archive your kitchen in the Finished Kitchens Blog?
    If so please submit the Category Checklist form so I can easily categorize your kitchen.
    Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: FKB Category Checklist