Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
niki_friedman

Help pick a paint color!

Niki Friedman
9 years ago

I promise to post my kitchen when it's finally finished. We are close and it's useable but a few cabinets had to be reordered so I want to wait until we're at 100%.

I'm struggling on picking a paint color. The cabinets are shiloh soft white. Counters are white imperial danby with grayish green veining. Backsplash is horus art latte, which is an off white. Yes I've got a lot of white going on and I love it. The kitchen is so bright with all of the natural light and white cabinetry!

Here's the kicker... My trim is atrium white. I don't know how and why I picked it so long ago but it's always worked for me. The painter already painted the new trim and I was shocked to see how creamy it looks, almost with a whisper of pink. The trim is totally throwing me off becahse I feel like I have to pick a contrasting darker wall color and I really wanted to go with a warm white.

I'm now thinking of a white that reads light grey. Any ideas? I sampled cotton ball and cloud white and they are both ok- not sure there's enough contrast. I could also go the other route and pick a starker white for the walls- something closer to my tile. Would a white wall with a creamier trim look weird?

Help! Thank you!

Comments (3)