Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amberm145_gw

Cabinets: Cabico vs Cuisine Ideale

amberm145_gw
9 years ago

I had settled on Cabico for my kitchen cabinets. I got 2 quotes for them. Pretty close, but I chose one vendor because I liked the KD there.

Now that it's time to place an order, that vendor is no longer carrying Cabico and is recommending Cuisine Ideale. She claims it's comparable or better, and the price is lower. But back when I got the Cabico quote, she agreed that for what I wanted, Cuisine Ideale wasn't the "ideal" choice. (pun intended)

So, do I go with the other company and get Cabico? Or do I go with Cuisine Ideale?

I am travelling for business, and there's a kitchen place nearby that advertised both manufacturers. I figured I could go in and see them basically side by side to decide. But that company has actually stopped selling both. The sales woman didn't understand that I don't live here and wouldn't be buying from her anyway, so when I asked which she would choose over the other, she said neither. She suggested 2 other lines that appeared to be cheaper quality and may not even be available at home?

I'm kind of nervous about both now, given that the retailers keep dropping them. So a 3rd option is Signature by Omega. But, my current kitchen is Kitchen Craft, which is the same company (although not the same factory apparently), and I am not happy with them. So I'm hesitant to go there.

Comments (2)