Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbjg0514

Kitchen paint color help needed!

mbjg0514
10 years ago

I am going nuts trying to choose a paint color for my kitchen.I like my kitchen cabinets and counters ..however its boring and I want it to pop.. My cabinets are maple with a ginger glaze..my appliances are black and my counters are giallo quarry silestone with beige, browns and black specks..I have included several pictures..Any thoughts on a color to pull it all together.
Thx

Comments (26)

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

giallo quarry tops

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another part of the kitchen

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

if you're looking for subtle, what about something like BM Baby Turtle? It's beigey with green undertones. Along those lines Dried Basil is another one.

You could also go bold if you really want contrast with something in the rusty tones. I just had a sense that bold may not be your vibe.

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What rusty color would you suggest to make my cabinets pop?

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

what color sage green would you suggest..I have thought about sage green but there are so many shades of it and I want some color to pull it all toghether and give it "wow factor"..any thoughts

• cawaps
    10 years ago

Turquoise!

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Teachertile..you are right about the sage colors.they are all very nice I like dry sage..ferwood green..tree moss and baby turtle

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Which one goes best

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

If I were you I would pick several paint cards. put them up in your kitchen and see which ones you like best. See how they look up against your cabinets and your granite. Then once you narrow it down to 2 or 3 you can go buy samples. BM samples are $6 around here, and SW are the same. Totally worth it to me. Then you can paint large squares in your kitchen to see what will look best in your space.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

If you are up for a strong statement, you could also paint one wall a sort of coral-paprika soft red (not dark). My niece had similar cabinets and used this on just one wall, it looked great (and gave that pop factor) with her maple cabinets and plain counter & floors. Her other walls were a very soft, pale sage-beige -- a color that I believe would be found in the "whites and lights" category at the paint store.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

Take a look at BM's Camouflage. It's a soft color that I think would look nice with your cabinets and countertops. Ask them for one of their big samples to take home and try. It's a very nice color but subtle.

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I love Raee suggestion of a light coraly red! While looking at homes for sale, I saw a kitchen with maple cabinets, Santa Cecilia granite, SS appliances, tumbled marble backsplash and light coraly red walls and it was gorgeous! The adjacent living area walls were tan and there were coral accents throughout, barstool covers, throw pillows, artwork and area rug. I loved the look, it gave an otherwise bland nuetral space(the house was on the market) a punch of much needed color!

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

Coral reef by BM

Here is a link that might be useful: Paint

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

what do you all think about bm dry sage? minus the mess on the counters!!

• Bunny
    10 years ago

sis2two, I have BM Camouflage in my bedroom and used to have it in my kitchen before I updated it. It's the most color I've ever had on a wall and I really love it in my bedroom. It changes throughout the day and is always soft and soothing. However, in my kitchen (not as much wall space) it kinda faded out and was inconsequential, maybe just the way the light hit it. It does look nice with all tones of wood.

• mark_rachel
    10 years ago

I think the dry sage looks great. How does it look in person? It looks very warm and inviting with the other tones in your space.

• sunsoleil
    10 years ago

It looks lovely on my monitor. Seems like a great choice with your cabinets and countertops.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

I may be too late --- but have you considered blue?

or a lighter greenish blue

Rusty red

Red
    {{gwi:1596079}}

• Gracie
    10 years ago

I don't think the sage provides the pop you wanted. I love the first blue one that nosoccermom posted, but you wouldn't have to go quite as intense. It looks like it would work well with the counters. What color is the floor?

• dretutz
    10 years ago

I would consider a gold

• msrose
    10 years ago

I think dry sage is perfect! How are you feeling about it?

• mbjg0514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Im liking the dry sage

• K Sowder
    8 years ago

I love love love the blue kitchen in the first picture by nosoccermom...can anyone tell me what that color is? I can't seem to find a link to that picture or a way to message nosoccermom. Thanks!

• heatherpaar83
    7 years ago

I would pick a deep red color. But I love red.