Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hsw_sc

Ticor s508 vs. Kraus KHU100-30 question...

hsw_sc
13 years ago

Does anyone have either of these sinks? I'm drawn to both of them for different reasons.

The Ticor (window pops) has a central drain and looks to be Zero Radius. I'm loving the outer lip that holds the accessories (reminiscent of the Kohler 8 degree and Poise).

The Kraus (window pops) has the drain in the rear and has the more eased corners. It doesn't have a lip for accessories.

Both come with grids and strainers. The Ticor has a cutting board and a hanging basket drainer, the Kraus has neither but can accomodate a colander or hanging dish drainer for my wine glasses (just about the only things I leave in my sink to dry).

So, if you have either of these do you like the drain in the rear or in the center better? Is the zero radius harder to keep clean (I know, I know, been asked a million times ;) ). Are the included accessories built to last?

Tell me what you think, people of GW!

And thank you in advance!

Comments (6)

• function_first
    13 years ago

I have the Kraus, I paid $429 at Overstock.com 1 1/2 years ago and that was without the strainer and towel, lucky you! I have a Ticor prep sink, and though I like the both, I like the Kraus a little better, it's just a little smoother and shiner finish, sorta softer to the touch. I don't nootice the corners of the Ticor being hard to clean, it cleans as easily as the other, IMO. I thought about ordering the strainer for the bottom of the Kraus, but read somewhere that the feet for it were hard plastic and seeming to scratch a bit, so I held off.

• hsw_sc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much! I am picking out my slabs this week and need to get a sink as soon as I can. Thanks again!

• radhaks
    13 years ago

Kris_ma: you note that you purch the Kraus sink 1.5 yrs ago via Overstock - I am about to buy one as well, but one of the reviewers said the sink is rusting after a short time...did you notice anything like that? O advised to clean and dry sink daily...cleaning is fine, but i do not intend to dry my sink after each use, so if that causes rust, this may not be for me! Appreciate your feedback!

• johnnyl53
    13 years ago

If your SS sink is rusting then it is not quality SS. I've seen SS sinks that are older than I am that are pristine other than the normal wear and tear. Dry a sink after use....that's the most ludicrous thing I read in this forum from time to time. It's a sink. It is supposed to spend its working life wet.

• function_first
    13 years ago

I have not had any rust issues at all, and believe me I do not wipe my sink. The reviews at Overstock are extensive and overwhelmingly very positive (nearly 5 of 5 stars average), and I have not read anything about rust.

• shanghaimom
    13 years ago

Had the Ticor s508 for about a year and a half, now. I really love this sink. Love the grid, too, which is very heavy and definitely built to last. The polished beveled edge is really pretty...I remember that I could never tell from the pics what this part would look like and was pleasantly surprised and relieved when I saw it in person.

I don't use the cutting board--have a large chopping block right next to the sink.

An "almost" zero-radius would be more practical as far as cleaning. However, I love the look of the sharp 90-degree corner and am willing to put up with the slight annoyance of cleaning those corners. It is no big deal.