Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worldmom_gw

My pantry marble is going in!

worldmom
13 years ago

I'm so excited! My pantry is nearing completion and my marble is going in right now. The pantry is like this shining beacon of light in the midst of chaos. I'll try to post a picture later.

Comments (20)

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Pantry with marble! Hope it goes well. And post that picture when you can. Love to see it.

• plllog
    13 years ago

Cool!

• worldmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I snapped these with my cell phone, but you get the idea... We still need some tweaking with the hinges on the cabinet doors, a little shimming with the countertop, and the can lights need their covers (oh, and the floor would be nice!), but it's nearly finished. :o)

From Last Import
    From Last Import

(Left side)

From Last Import

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

I'm revealing for you in the awesomeness of the shelving, great window, and MARBLE!!

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

And I'm falling on the floor in jealousy!! So beautiful!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

How lovely! and a pantry with a window, too!

• francoise47
    13 years ago

Your pantry is adorable! I love how gentle your marble looks.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

It's such a beautiful pantry! The marble, shelving detail, and crystal knobs make it sooooo special!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Very pretty pantry! It is nicer than most kitchens I see in the real world, lol. I love your scallops that soften the look. They make it all so charming and tie it all together.

• macybaby
    13 years ago

Love that look!

• cardamon
    13 years ago

The marble and cabinets look so nice. Like the scallop shelving too. It is a great pantry. Have fun stocking it. Plus you get a window too. Lucky you.

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Fighting jealousy myself!! The color combo is...and I don't use this often...but it's yummy. My goodness, it's SO beautiful. I could live in there! I never thought about going to any styling effort in my pantry past bare function.

If this is 'just' the pantry...

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

wm

Pantry jealousy here too (sigh) -

I'll be right over

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

THAT is one gorgeous pantry! i'm so jealous, as i really couldn't work one into my space. and even if i did manage to -it couldn't have a WINDOW in it! simply beautiful. i can't wait to see the rest of it!

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

Wow! Your pantry is beyond amazing. I'm with rhome. I might go in and never come out. It has a window for goodness sakes! I heart marble.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

It's great. Makes me wish I hadn't put a washer/dryer in mine even tho it's a stacked unit. And I love being able to walk up to a window to look out, not lean over a table or counter.

• worldmom
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, everyone. :o) I'm just so happy to have *something* just about done in this darn kitchen! We started our kitchen/laundry/bath/dining room remodel two years ago this month, so I appreciate my pantry all the more now.

Rhome - I will try to get a picture that better represents the blue color. It's BM Woodlawn Blue and I swear it's the most perfect blue-grey ever. I love, love, love it! It's what's going on the hutch(es) around the kitchen windows, too. This is one example, but this is also supposed to be Woodlawn Blue, and it's nothing like my cabinets!

For those who might be interested, the pantry is 2/3 of what used to be the "sewing room." It was a tiny 9x9 room off of our dining room that wasn't really big enough for an office, and we weren't sure what to do with it. Moving the doorway and adding some of the space to the kitchen made it perfect, and it backs up to what was the original closed-in pantry. It feels to me like it was made to be a pantry, and I love the window in there. It's north-facing and well screened by a crab apple tree, so I'm not too worried about the sun damaging our food.

• marmoreus
    13 years ago

That is the cutest pantry I've ever seen! I love everything about it. Like rhome said, my pantry feels very utilitarian now. I need some scallops! :)

• arlosmom
    13 years ago

LOVE your pantry. The bead board, the lower lovely blue cabinets, the marble...all perfect. My pantry is underway as we speak (or type), so I'm loving yours all the more. Enjoy!

• rococogurl
    13 years ago

It's going to be a wonderful pantry you will love. The marble just makes it. Could be right in there with really fabulous pantries Allison found.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville