Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katyde

Finished Kitchen - some pics

katyde
13 years ago

I am just attaching my Picasa link - hope you all enjoy the photos! I have been too busy to really be on this site but I did receive a lot of inspiration from everyone here so I wanted to share some finished pics.

This is a list of the details of our project - everything went off without a hitch!

Our GC's were amazing - anyone in the SE PA/Northern DE area looking for custom work (carpentry/renovation) should check them out.

Kitchen:

Construction/GC: Paul's Woodshop - Wilmington DE

(www.paulswoodshop.net)

Cabinets: Kahle's Kitchens (Deluxe cases; door is a merge between Allison and Warren reverse panel)

Cab. Colors: perimeter - maple painted "white"; island - cherry with "bordeaux" stain

Counters: Ice Brown (similar to Alaska White and Delicatus) - colonial marble and granite in KOP, PA

Samsung Refrigerator

GE Cafe dual fuel range

Zephyr Tempest I hood

Kenmore Elite DW

GE Profile space saver MW

Tile: Avalon Tile - 3x6 house brand creamy white crackle subway, and 20x20 "luxor red" floor tile (BS grout - Tec "Pearl"; floor Mapei "Chamois")

Faucets: KWC Eve and Insinkerator hot/cold filtered - both in chrome

Hardware: all polished nickle, knobs by RH (lugarno 1 1/4"); pulls by Rejuvenation (arched mission pull)

Lighting: pendants Hudson Valley Haverhill Pendants (polished nickle); undercab by seagull, 5"recessed cans by light-o-lier, hall and laundry fixtures: RH

Paint: SW Rice Grain

Barstools: West Elm

Here is a link that might be useful: Katyde picasa albums - before and after

Comments (30)

• formerlyflorantha
    13 years ago

Looks like a happy, very good layout working kitchen. Nice job!

• palimpsest
    13 years ago

Looks great. I like the floor tile a lot.

• joan2121
    13 years ago

Great job! So nice and bright. Love your center island color with the granite- and love you glass cabinets! Cool counter stools, too. Thanks for the info on the subway crackle tile- I want to do the same. I hope to be posting finished picture soon!
    Enjoy!

• brenjun
    13 years ago

Looks great. It is quite a change from before. I love the granite.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Such a nice kitchen! And I think Lydia is so, so pretty too!!!

• jtkaybean
    13 years ago

WOW!! Just beautiful! Love how nice & bright everything is!

I'm so happy to see you have the SAME range & hood I ordered (GE Cafe & Tempest I) and it looks AWESOME together! What size is your hood? I ordered a 30" inch b/c my kitchen is so darn small!

I had a different Zephyr at my other house and loved it so much & had to get one for our new house too. (It did a great job cleaning the air when I roasted my own green coffee beans)

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Really pretty kitchen. It looks light, bright and airy. It all looks great. I haven't done pendants yet and will look at the ones you chose. Congrats.

• ironcook
    13 years ago

looks great! beautiful counters. love the contrast of the "bordeaux" stain on the island.

i really like the fridge/micro area, keeps the toaster/micro out of the main workspace. very smart.

thanks for sharing the pics. enjoy.

• katyde
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone:) I wish I had a better camera, I think the lighting looks funny in a lot of the pics but it is not quite so cold feeling IRL.

The granite camouflages spots/spills while you are cooking - hard to find them because of all of the colors in it. We love it.

Love the Tempest - we only need to run it at level 1 and 2 (goes to 3 which is 600 cfm) - even cooking bacon with the hood on 2 you smell nothing a few feet way - and at 1 and 2 it is v. quiet - at 3 it's a bit noisy but worked great when we had a little burning food issue one day....

• homeagain
    13 years ago

Lovely...You did a terrific job! I love your pendant lights, barstools, flooring and hardware.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

Hi katy...

I love your granite of course...and the entire kitchen looks beautiful. Enjoy!

KA:)

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

Ooh, I love the crackle BS tiles and the red floor tiles!

I would love to have a laundry room like yours.

And Lydia IS pretty.

• Christine Clemens
    13 years ago

Really, really pretty. The layout is great and the cabinets and countertops are beautiful. I love your faucet and wish it was not KWC because of the $$. You did a wonderful job. Pretty Lydia must be fun to have around.

• lisa_a
    13 years ago

Love your kitchen! I'm saving the information about your floor tile (for whenever we redo our master bath), the crackle tile (for my LR redo, soon!) and the vent (for my kitchen remodel). I know there was more that stood out but I'm tired so my brain can only remember so much today.

Do you remember the overlay details for your cabinets? We're talking to a GC who did a great job on our friends' kitchen and saved our arses when we had a leak in our LR ceiling Christmas Eve morning (gee, thanks, Santa) but his cabinet maker doesn't do full overlay. I think he told me it's 3/4" but I'm not sure. I like the way your cabs look so if what you have is what my GC's cabinet maker does, I'd be a-okay with it. Thank you!

Lovely Lydia! She has every right to preen in front of mirrors.

PS Your kitchen isn't cold looking at all! It's very inviting. Love the funky retro wall clock (I remembered something else!).

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

Your kitchen looks great. You really did a nice job with everything.

Thanks for the name of the GC. I'm very close to you (S.Chester County, just minutes from DE). Always good to get the name of a GC that is good.

Hope you enjoy many years in that kitchen cooking up a storm!

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

Very nice kitchen, it's so inviting. The colors are great.

• never_ending
    13 years ago

Just lovely and a great use of your space. The molding is beautiful. =)

• rhome410
    13 years ago

I'm so glad I looked at the before and during, so I could notice more details and see all the work you did! I love the floor tile and the wood on the island is gorgeous. I'm fascinated by your old oven with the 2 different cavity sizes...Pretty cool. Are you still awaiting Jr?

• mountaineergirl
    13 years ago

Very pretty! Love the cabs, the backsplash tile, granite, trim, everything!!

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oh, that is so pretty! I love, love your granite, your crackle tile backsplash, and your hardware--it all goes together perfectly.

I have to say I am totally smitten with your kitties. First Miss Lydia, who *is* so pretty, and then Sebastian who looks just like your beautiful granite!

Congrats and happy cooking in your wonderful new kitchen!

• katyde
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Junior is due 3/8 - 6 1/2 weeks to go! - current project is the nursery!
    Our kitties will have to share our affection but we have enough to go around, to be sure. Our breeder here in DE is Ieleen (not Eileen) at Ragabybabies. The cats have been our loves for 5 years and they are really a hoot.
    Again, so much amazing inspiration from this forum! We did things our way (eg: not too many lower drawers - hubby does NOT like them) but it works for us and I am SOOO glad it is done!

• cangelmd
    13 years ago

First of all I love your kitchen - great job.
    I particularly love your floor (I have a dark tile floor in my kitchen, too - great minds!) it complements the cabinets so well, but I don't know that I would have brought that first tile home, wow, it looks great.

how do you like the Rejuvenation pulls? I'm thinking about using those in the bathroom, do they have a good hefty feel, do they rise high enough above the cabinets to get hubby's had around them?

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Great kitchen! Those floors are so cool! Something I might want to steal for my new master bath. :). And that granite is TDF! Gosh, and I love the pulls too. So much to love! You finished in time for your junior too. That's good because you certainly won't have any time for reno work with a new blessing in the house. Wishing that his/her arrival goes smoothly for you. Thanks for showing us.

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your wonderful new kitchen! Beautiful floor, counters, cabs, BS, and island! I'm going to study it more for some layout ideas. :) And I love Sabastian and Lydia--soooo pretty! Wishing you an "easy" birth, and a healthy and happy baby!

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

Katy

Congrats on your completion of your remodel.

Great use of space, lovely elements -well thought out.

Hoping to see pics of that DR -

Enjoy

• marcy96
    13 years ago

Gorgeous! You did a great job! Enjoy!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

I think it turned out sophisticated and warm. I love the funky elements along with the classic. You really pulled it all off very well ;)

• regina_phalange
    13 years ago

It looks fabulous!!

• katyde
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi everyone, Thank you for all of the compliments - it means a lot from this forum:)
    The pulls are not very deep but do have a solid heavy feel, so if depth is an isue they may not be for everyone but we both have slim digitis - my hubby more so than I. We do NOT touch the doors using the pulls if that helps.

Also our cab co. markets these as full overlay but they obviously are not but boy are they well made - shoud last 100 years. Our GC said they needed no adjustments at all to hang perfectly - perfectly square. And solid as a rock.

You could Kahle's and ask - they are in PA. I bet they would be happy to answer any questions. Or Bill at J&L lumber in New castle DE (he is SO sick of me so don't mention me:).

At Avalon the tile (floor and BS) was a bit under $10/sq ft price wise (closer to $6 I think) - good bargains. They are only in this area.

• coffeebeantown
    13 years ago

Is there any way to find out what the house brand tile at Avalon is? I really would like to buy some for my kitchen.
    It looks very close to Setai Tabacco. They largest they offer is 18"x18".

Here is a link that might be useful: Setai Tile