Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Schoolhouse style light fixture

Posted by zaphod42 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:08

What are your thoughts on this style of light fixture? Is it distinctly vintage? Modern? Urban renewal? Classic? Too trendy? Everyone has them already?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Schoolhouse style light fixture

I think they blend in with a a lot of different styles. They have become more popular, but I don't think they are overdone.

o

Gunk stays out, very clean. I cringe when i see chandeliers near the actual cooking equipment, even if you have a Vent-a-Hood.

o

I have been looking for lights above my island for months. There were so many wonderful choices to select from. While I was looking I kept finding the schoolhouse lights every where. At first I wasn't a fan but the more I saw them and noticed them in homes and stores I started to appreciate how unique and pretty they were. So today I just ordered a pair of kichler Keller pendant lights. I should be getting them in 3 weeks. They really seem to be popular. Good luck with your selection!

o

I have two different, close-to-ceiling schoolhouse style lights, and an antique pendant from a long-gone, Washington, DC movie house. It's a schoolhouse with some of the detail outlined in black.

I like them in so many styles of décor. I think, as ridiculous as it is to think someone could actually create a timeless kitchen, these lights as a fixture, remain timeless.

o

I think they work with lots of different styles. We have flush mount schoolhouse fixtures from Rejuvination in our bathroom and will add them in the kitchen. We have a ranch house with a flare for vintage touches and they work perfectly.

o

I like them & agree they work well with so many different kitchen styles, including Downton Abbey.

o

I am so glad you asked this question and I am glad to see these kinds of responses. I really like the schoolhouse style light fixtures and I think they look very classic: not overdone, slightly vintage but not super specific to an era. I am considering one for the hallway by our bedrooms to add a little interest and replace an ugly old fixture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here