Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jillius18

Are there any pretty, SHORT kitchen faucets?

Jillius
9 years ago

I am having trouble finding a kitchen faucet, and looking at faucets for hours is making me cross-eyed. Please help!

I would like a single-hole faucet with a pull-out sprayer, but a side sprayer would be okay too.

I like faucets that are sleek and modern and clean-lined like the Grohe Minta and the Kohler Purist (pictured below), but we don't have a big kitchen, and all of the ones I am finding in this style are well over a foot tall and just look enormous in our space.

Do you have or can you suggest a sleek & modern, single-hole, SHORT faucet?

{{gwi:2136156}}

{{gwi:2136157}}

Comments (19)

• jdez
    9 years ago

Maybe instead of a kitchen faucet get a bar faucet, they are usually shorter.

• Beemer
    9 years ago

You may wish to check out Franke faucets. They have seeral short models, and a couple that look like the ones you have pictured.

(My idea of modern may vary greatly from yours -- I'm just glad I have running water in the house!)

• crl_
    9 years ago

I like the looks of the Hansgrohe Tallis S faucet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Efaucets link to Tallis s

• Jillius
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I was just looking up Franke faucets per Beemer's suggestion, and there were a few I liked. So I was trying to see on amazon how much people like their Franke faucets (I'd never heard of the brand before), and Amazon suggested that maybe I would like this other faucet, which is short and surprisingly affordable and Hansgrohe, which are well-made.

But I am wondering if it is kind of ugly?
    {{gwi:2136158}}

I am not looking for a showstopper here, but I don't want something actively ugly. Thoughts?

• Jillius
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh ha, crl, we posted at the same time! It makes me feel better that you like that one too.

• smalloldhouse
    9 years ago

I think there have been discussions here before about the general size and heft of faucets, and that once they're in place they tend not to look ridiculous even in small kitchens. Mine is quite small, and I used the faucet decision as a major procrastination technique for a long time, hunting for something that was modest seeming. (I also was very anti-bulbousness in faucets.)

In the end, I gave up, got the Kohler Simplice which is perfectly fine even in my tiny space. I still do love the Purist though - I opted not to spend the extra couple of hundred it would have cost as compared with the Simplice, but I think it has a really cool style especially in a kitchen that is not otherwise terribly modern. I also liked a couple of Elkay and Blanco models that were sleek and slim, but they were tall so they might not fit your preferences.

• crl_
    9 years ago

I don't think the Tallis s is exactly pretty. But I think it is very utilitarian in looks, which to me has a strong visual appeal, especially for something like a faucet. To me it's the kind of faucet that no one is going to walk in and think wow, what a beautiful faucet. But nor is it something that is over-styled and blinged out. It feels like a faucet that could go in almost any kitchen and blend right in and never look dated.

• ardcp
    9 years ago

not sure what your definition of short/tall is but i love the delta trinsic i have .

• arch123
    9 years ago

If you can - Maybe wall mounted faucets.

• Jillius
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Everything is already installed except the faucet. Holes in the marble, plumbing under the sink, etc. So, alas, no wall mounting.

I actually originally bought and started to install a taller faucet. It did seem a bit large for the space. I probably could have gotten used to it, as smalloldhouse said, but the sink is also off-center, and I don't really want to highlight that. The tall, beautiful faucet just called attention to the sink. Would have been very nice in another setting.

Crl, I really see your point about how that one is so utilitarian it would just blend in. That does seem like a good match for our space.

• desertsteph
    9 years ago

I've had the same problem. Got so tired of checking height to reach to spout height - and keeping it within price.

I'll probably end up with one 1.5" taller (at 11.5") than I really wanted and 1" shorter in reach (at 9") to compromise.

I also needed to keep the handle down on the sink rim (over it being on side or back of faucet) so I wouldn't have so far to reach for the handle. I've 'danced' around with half a doz or so for the past yr. Will probably go with the one mentioned above later in the spring. I've continued go put it off because my handyman broke his ankle and isn't up to putting in the 'new' sink yet anyway.

• Jillius
    Original Author
    9 years ago

>Got so tired of checking height to reach to spout height - and keeping it within price.

Seriously! The faucets have been by far the hardest part of both our bathroom and kitchen remodels. I swear we ordered 6 bathroom faucets before one worked. And now we're about to order our fourth kitchen faucet.

So. sick. of. looking. at. faucets.

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

I like the short Hansgrohe you found, Jillius. It's sleek, simple lines should complement any kitchen without overpowering it. I think it's quite nice looking, not ugly at all.

I thought I wanted a tall faucet until I realized just how tall faucets are these days. I think some of them would be taller than I am and I'm not short. In 10 years, they'll be considered dated and everybody will be switching them out for short faucets, lol. So if you can wait...I know you can't...you'll have plenty to choose from.

• 1929Spanish
    9 years ago

Check out Newport Brass. Their faucets aren't as hefty. I can't get to any pictures right now, but you can find them online. We have two I love the smaller scale.

• Jillius
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all so much for your tips and input. For anybody else looking, this was the final list I compiled of short (under 12"), modern-looking pull-out faucets for under $500.

1) Hansgrohe Talis S Single lever kitchen mixer with pull-out spray (#32841000)
    8 7/8" tall
    {{gwi:2136159}}

2) Grohe Essence #32170
    10 15/16" tall
    **This one is only single spray.**

3) American Standard Pekoe Bar Faucet #4332.410
    10 3/4" tall
    {{gwi:2136160}}

4) Blanco Linus #441404
    11" tall
    {{gwi:2136161}}

5) Kohler Purist Bar Sink K-7506
    9 7/8" tall
    {{gwi:2136162}}

6) Grohe Europlus 32 946
    7 13/16" tall
    {{gwi:2136163}}

7) Blanco Alta 441402 and 441401
    10 1/4" tall
    {{gwi:2136164}}

8) American Standard Portsmouth 4285.100
    11 3/4" tall
    {{gwi:2136165}}

9) Delta Trinsic 4159
    11 25/64" tall
    {{gwi:2136166}}

• angela12345
    9 years ago

Moen.com has a really good search engine for browsing their faucets. I ended up with Moen Integra, which is similar in looks to your #'s 6 and 8 above. It's pullout and low arc, and also very good price, as well as lifetime warranty. It may work for you ? I've been very happy with this faucet, I have it on 3 sinks (main, prep, and coffee bar).

• angela12345
    9 years ago

Moen.com has a really good search engine for browsing their faucets. I ended up with Moen Integra, which is similar in looks to your #'s 6 and 8 above. It's pullout and low arc, and also very good price, as well as lifetime warranty. It may work for you ? I've been very happy with this faucet, I have it on 3 sinks (main, prep, and coffee bar).

• crl_
    9 years ago

Jillius, which one did you choose?