Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark_rachel

Share pictures of your Revere Pewter

mark_rachel
10 years ago

I'm 98% sure we are going to paint our living room & family room BM Revere Pewter. Please share your pics of RP. Thanks!!

Comments (14)

• homebuyer23
    10 years ago

Here's one of my family room with it, and a link to my kitchen reveal...we have Revere Pewter in the kitchen, Dining room and family room.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0122244530174.html

I had/have a love/hate relationship with that color. It looks different everywhere & every day, it really changes! Now that we are living with it I like it a lot and I am glad we picked it.

When doing samples I thought it looked too green. Once on the walls, I saw no green & sometimes it looked pinky/lavender!
    Once our furnishings all came back in ^=& we are living in here, it reads a true neutral warm gray. Most of the time.

Here is a link that might be useful: HOmebuyer23 reveal Revere Pewter paint

• nyurcisin
    10 years ago

Whoops...my attempt at posting multiple pics failed...will try posting separately..

This post was edited by Nan57 on Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 13:51

• nyurcisin
    10 years ago

We just painted our living and dining areas with RP and love it! The lighting is not great here but the walls to the right and left are RP...the far back wall with the window and door is a darker shade called Rockport Gray. They almost look like two different colors! Picking paint colors was probably our toughest decision but we could not be happier with Revere Pewter!

• nyurcisin
    10 years ago

This probably shows the true color better. Still waiting on our new table and bench :)

• mark_rachel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know it changes colors with different lighting and surroundings. I do NOT want pink/purple though. NO NO NO! Please tell me other people do not pick up these undertones. My kitchen is a dark gray/green. My living room opens up to the kitchen.

• nyurcisin
    10 years ago

I would have hated a pink/purple cast, but in our lighting it does not read that way at all. To be sure, I had small samples mixed and painted large areas and then examined them at different times of day.

Colors can change dramatically depending on the interior lighting, natural sunlight, type of bulbs you use, furnishings and other colors that are nearby, and so on. Best to do a test swatch to be sure you love it on YOUR walls.

• mark_rachel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@Nan57 I love your look. We have very similar floors as you. Mine are "classic walnut". I'm going to look into Rockport Gray.

I'm also afraid of RP reading cool. I know it can go either warm or cool, but my color now is very warm and I love the feel of it in the space.

• ck_squared
    10 years ago

Paint large pieces of foamboard with chosen colors. Then you can move the boards around the room at different times of the day to see how they react in different lighting. I would not paint without doing this first. It has helped me easily rule out the wrong colors and choose the right colors many a time.

• forethepines
    10 years ago

Here's my RP on the walls & ceiling. I never noticed any pink but it does change shades throughout the day.
    Excuse the trim only the beams have been painted.

This post was edited by forethepines on Wed, Jan 15, 14 at 18:38

• forethepines
    10 years ago

Here's my RP on the walls & ceiling. I never noticed any pink but it does change shades throughout the day.

• ratrem
    10 years ago

More photos

• ratrem
    10 years ago

TV wall to show how photos look on it

• ratrem
    10 years ago

One more. I need to get out the good camera soon