don't look true in these pics either. Doors

are all still at the shop but I thought I would share the new

progress, thanks.

vic

Here is a link that might be useful: vic's progress

Comments (12)

• taatjben
    15 years ago

So they are painting the cabinets after install? Did you watch them do it, I assume they are using air sprayers and hand applying the glaze. They look great.

Your door style appears to me a mitered corner - love the style. I assume they are custom, as they are being painted on site?

• rhome410
    15 years ago

This is what I've been waiting for!

Are the wall and base cabs green, like you'd planned? They don't look it on my computer, but I really can't tell.

The stain color is gorgeous.

This is sure coming along nicely and relatively quickly. You'll be cooking away in no time!

• igloochic
    15 years ago

wow it's starting to look like a kitchen vic :) Gorgeous beginnnings. And I love the hood!!!

• PRO
    Window Accents by Vanessa Downs
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness - that looks good even in the state its in! But please tell me what color the painted cabinets are. They will be gorgeous. And I love the little molding detail at the very bottom of the end cabinet. Just lovely.....

• vicnsb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

taatjben...thanks and yes they are custom, mostly built on site, paint sprayed on,
    stain and glaze done by hand. It is a mitered door, I loved the simple style and
    then after I ordered I read some negative issues with mitered doors.

rhome! Yay! Yes, the perimeters are green with a glaze just like I planned and
    the island, dining side cab, hood trim and door frame are all the darker stain.
    Your computer image layout really helped me decide on that! Thanks again!

igloo, thanks! Hood looks slightly familiar to you?

downsy, thank you, I wish I could give you a name of the paint color, it was
    a lighter green that we glazed a sample of until we got the shade I wanted.
    The molding detail was my guys idea, it really came out nice.

Thanks all...I didn't mention that day before yesterday when I came home
    from work a HUGE mistake had been made...they had painted ALL the cabs
    green! I called my guy, who called his guy and they assured me it would
    come off easily and be fine...they were right! They had the fresh paint off
    the island really quick. Not as bad as it could have been I guess!
    vic

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

It's looking tremendous! You must be so excited. Is that Calcutta marble on your glorious island?

• cotehele
    15 years ago

Vic, I bet you can't wait to rip off the plastic! The colors look fantastic.

• vicnsb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

remodelfla...thanks! and that is actually the paper still covering my costa esmeralda.

cotehele...I am dying to rip off all the paper, tore a little just to look at
    the stone, thanks so much.

vic

• taatjben
    15 years ago

vic -

I too have just ordered miterd corner doors. I think they look better, and, according to my cabinet guy, they are harder to make, but if made properly, they should not have any problems. My cabinet guy still used the joint and tenon construction with a tool called a festool domino joiner, with two custom dominos in each joint. Much stronger than a biscut. There are also guys out there that use a solid tenon in the corner, I know Kraftmaid does it this way, I actully had a door from home depot home and we tried to dismantle it. It was much harder to break apart than the regular type constuction.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry about it. And with the glaze, even if the corner miter loosens a bit, the glaze makes it look like its supposed to be that way.

• evilbunnie
    15 years ago

Vic,

Your cabinets are gorgeous (what I can see of them!) Keep the pics coming! It's so exciting!

• gglks
    15 years ago

i'd love to see any more updated pics?

• vicnsb
    Original Author
    15 years ago

gglks...thanks for asking! My guy is coming tomorrow for some
    minor fixes and I am hoping to take some photos Saturday.
    Well you know how exciting it is to put stuff away and finally see
    your vision come to life! I actually cooked a big dinner this week
    and everything flowed so well and worked so nicely.
    You know first hand how beautiful the CE is to look at...its so beautiful!
    Thanks,
    vic