Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Graff Bollero finish damage when uninstalled

Posted by fishymom (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 12:24

We uninstalled our Graff Bollero faucet yesterday to get ready for the granite guy and the finish is peeling off around the base. The faucet was installed 5 years ago and has been wiped clean with a microfiber towel, no abrasives or harsh chemicals. Would you consider this a defect? The faucets carries a lifetime warranty on the finish, in your opinion should uninstalling the faucet void the warranty on the finish? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Graff Bollero finish damage when uninstalled

1. Yes.
2. No.

o

Thank you again Trebuchet, I will be calling them in the morning!

o

Sorry to hear of your faucet problems, fishymom, but glad you have a lifetime warranty. I wonder why that happened...will be interesting to hear if Customer Svc has any suggestions. Hope it gets resolved easily and quickly!

o

I am a bit disappointed at the response I have received from Graff so far. I spoke with someone in tech support this morning who asked me to send pictures but said it looked like the damage was caused by the uninstall. While taking better pictures of the damage to send them, I found four more areas where chipping has occurred. I would not have even noticed these smaller chips if I hadn't been looking because of the damage at the base, but they are on the handle, the area where the handle extends from the base, on the pullout and the area where the pullout comes out. This picture of the handle chips is the best photo I could get of the smaller chips. I sent them 6 photos and told them that I believe there is a defect in the finish since there is damage in several different areas, so we will see what happens. The funny thing is, my husband just threw the box for the faucet away a couple of months ago. It had been up in the attic for 5 years, Murphy's Law, lol!

o

I'm wondering how they justified that the uninstall caused the damage. Does their warranty specify that uninstalling a faucet voids the warranty?

o

The guy said that if anything metal, such as a putty knife or similar tool, was used around the base to release the silicone or putty during the uninstall, that voids the warranty because you are never supposed to use metal against metal. Apparently you are just supposed to yank the sucker out! I don't know if anything metal was used or not, but that is what he said would cause that degree of chipping, but that doesn't explain the other multiple chips. I have not heard anything back from my email, will be calling them again I the morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here