Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emmertae_gw

Panel-Ready Cabinet Depth Fridge -- Dacor --Any others out there?

emmertae
13 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen and I really want my refrigerator to blend into my cabinetry, but I can't stomach spending so much on a true built-in that costs $5K and up. I did find a Dacor model -- link is at bottom of post -- that allows custom panels. Is anyone familiar with this refrigerator? And/or, does anyone know of any other cabinet depth, panel-ready refrigerators? Thanks so much!

http://www.dacor.com/Our-Products/Refrigeration/Integrated-36-Freestanding-French-Door-Cabinet-Depth-Bottom-Freezer-Refrigerator.aspx

Comments (6)

• jenny1963
    13 years ago

There are lots more; go to AJMadison.com. They have a great search function!

• Jbrig
    13 years ago

I am considering the Kitchen Aid Architect series KFCO22EVBL, which runs between $2300-2600-ish. It looks to be one of the larger models available, w/ more of that space devoted to refrig space than some of the other models.

I'm running out the door, otherwise I'd link to it--sorry!

• coll4
    13 years ago

I'm not sure if this applies to you but we just finished our kitchen. Originally we had the Kitchen Aid, french door, panel ready frig. When it was installed it stuck out like a sore thumb. The sides of the frig are black and my cabinets are white. The panels add an extra 3/4 of an inch to the already 4 or so inches beyond the cabinets and it did not look built in at all. Buying the panels was a waste of money. My kitchen designer (from the cabinet company) should have explained to me that a cabinet depth will not look built in unless you build the cabinets around it ( which in my case we were not able to do). We were able to swap it out for a Viking built in with panels. The Viking is a top frig, bottom freezer. I love it so much more than the french door cabinet depth. I have not found that the storage is a problem. And the look of it is 100 x better than the cabinet depth looked. I know a lot of people on this forum have cabinet depths that look built in but I think they may have had their cabinets built around it to look that way.

• coll4
    13 years ago

I forgot to add that Viking had $500 rebate on their built in refrig. I'm not sure if it is still available.

• jenny1963
    13 years ago

Coll4, you're absolutely right. Your kitchen designer definitely should have told you that in order for a less expensive cabinet depth fridge to actually be cabinet depth, the depth of the cabinets surrounding it must be increased. On AjMadison,when you search for cabinet depth, you'll notice that some more expensive CD fridges are 24", like your Viking (looks great, too!) and other less expensive ones are 27" and up. This is why we must be wise consumers and use GW.

• emmertae
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the advice! Much appreciated. We freed up some $ in our budget, so we might be able to go with a built-in, but I may see if we can build our cabinetry around a cabinet depth model to get close to the same look.