Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
springroz

Springroz's semi-country mini reveal

springroz
10 years ago

I decided I better post these before the components get worn out!! I want to do before and after, but those befores are on a different iPad.

I have been lurking GW through 3 kitchens, and all the help has been greatly appreciated!

This was a new-to-us house. It was COVERED in golden oak from laminate floor to top of cabinets.

Cabinets: custom from the now-defunct Eagle Industries

Countertops: custom from the now defunct H&H woodworking

Appliances: Thermador

Sink: Kohler Whitehaven

Faucet: Elkay Explore

Backsplash: Lowe's Crema Marfil

Designed by me. Drafted by Eagle.

Floor: Cabin-grade hickory

This post was edited by springroz on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 14:36

Comments (39)

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sink run

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Other side of sink run

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I'd love to be surrounded by all that wood!

• MrsShayne
    10 years ago

It's STUNNING!! I love all the choices. Enjoy your lovely new space :)

• deedles
    10 years ago

oh wow, is that beautiful! The tile is wonderful and looks great with the cabs and the wood counter. Love the wood counter! Gorgeous floor, too.

• GauchoGordo1993
    10 years ago

The wood countertops are cool.

• Lake_Girl
    10 years ago

Just beautiful!! Serene and peaceful! Are you putting them all out of business;)

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lake_Girl, it does seem that way at times!! I think Thermador and my tile installer are still in.....

GaucoGordo, thanks! That tree was in our backyard, dying from 3 years of hard drought, so we cut it down and hauled it from Texas to Kentucky to make counters! I hauled the flooring from Texas, too, because we got it for $2.00 a sq ft.

Nancy

• madtown_2006_gw
    10 years ago

Oh wow, it's so beautiful and warm. I love it! What type of maintenance is involved with the counters? Do you have to seal them periodically? How do you clean them? Can they be sanded and refinished in-place over the long run? I really, really love the look and the warmth they bring to a white/stainless kitchen.

• Brandywine72
    10 years ago

I love that the tree came from your backyard. Incredible. Your kitchen is warm and super inviting. In the midst of this big east coast snow storm, I'd love to sit in your kitchen sipping tea.

• Evan
    10 years ago

It's great! Love the faucet and sink especially.

• sprtphntc7a
    10 years ago

Love counters & B/S..... so warm & inviting.....it's awesome u brought your tree with you...........Enjoy for many years!!!!!!

• magsnj
    10 years ago

The pictures look a little dark on my screen, but from what I can tell I LOVE it. Nice job tying everything together. Those counters are amazing. Love how they look next to the stainless.

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

I admire kitchens with a row of windows above the sink. If I could, I'd install two more in my kitchen. :)

This post was edited by schoolhouse on Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 15:52

• schoolhouse_gw
    10 years ago

Ha, I tried to edit to say "a row of windows" but GW wouldn't let me for some reason.

• sanjuangirl
    10 years ago

So beautiful, warm and inviting. Makes me happy that your tree made such lovely counter tops! Congratulations and enjoy!

• mrspete
    10 years ago

Looks warm and inviting!

• chiefy
    10 years ago

I love your kitchen. I'm not a fan of all-white kitchens and I love how your counters bring warmth and color. And I love the history behind them. Gorgeous.

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

"oooooOOOooOooooOOOo," she sighed, "Beaded inset cabinets and such gorgeous lighting."

New this would be gorgeous all along. Enjoy every minute of it.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

I particularly like the detail above the uppers -- different and interesting. And the counters are fabulous! Maybe I could figure out a way to snatch my neighbors' half dead walnut... (JK! tree theft is actually a problem around here!)

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

Springroz its just beautiful! Love the cabinets, your trees for counters (oh my!!)
    I have picked that faucet too- how do you like it?
    But seriously - three measly photos!?!?! ;)
    I know I'm not alone here; can we please see more?

• tea4all
    10 years ago

What a welcoming kitchen you have! Your counters are really lovely. You are blessed to have so much natural light over you amazing sink/faucet. Working there would be a delight. Enjoy!

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Oh, how inviting! I especially love your floors, and the horizontal pulls on your uppers. Very nice!

• Lisa
    10 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!! That counter is stunning and so is your backsplash. Your whole kitchen seems very warm and inviting. Any more photos you could share? Maybe a view of the island or the other side of the kitchen?

• larecoltante Z6b NoVa
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• wags848
    10 years ago

Lovely! So warm and inviting. The counters are fabulous. Love all your choices. Great job!

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is why I called it the "mini reveal"!!! I have to get some other pictures--and I want y'all to see the gorgeous BEFORE pictures, but I need to move them to post!!

I really like the faucet. The pull down is easy to use. I have never had any luck with separate sprayers. I have the smaller bar version for the prep sink that did not materialize, if anyone needs it!!

This kitchen is not big by any standard, but it is VERY easy to work in. I have plenty of cabinets and drawers, and decent stretches of counter.

I have put 3 coats of Osmo Polyx oil on the counter in about 18 months. It is not difficult, and it doesn't have much smell. I love the glow it has. I wish I could capture it in a photo.

Thanks, everyone!!

Nancy

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Nancy you have a wonderful kitchen! I am still drooling over those counters. Love the fact you recycled the tree for your home. It is perfect.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Gorgeous job with those counter tops! Wow!!!
    I can't wait to see the next steps for your full reveal.

• Kathy Rivera
    10 years ago

So warm and beautiful. I just want to stand there and touch your counters!!!

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

I'm swooning over your wood counters!!! Such a lovely space.

• andreak100
    10 years ago

Nancy - lovely...I adore that you used a tree that was in your yard and was no longer viable to become a part of your house. What a wonderful idea! Everything looks great - enjoy your new kitchen and please share more photos with us.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Very special kitchen!

• Mags438
    10 years ago

I loooove your use of 'up cycled' materials. Brilliant!

• mjocean
    10 years ago

Beautiful kitchen and very serene. Enjoy your calming and inviting new space.
    MJ

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

Soooo pretty! And I love the story of your tree. I can picture that every time you wipe down the counter you daydream for a moment of how the tree looked in Texas. (that's what I would do, anyway)

Awesome kitchen!!!

• deedles
    10 years ago

oh wow, is that beautiful! The tile is wonderful and looks great with the cabs and the wood counter. Love the wood counter! Gorgeous floor, too.

• deedles
    10 years ago

When you do add some more pics, could you get a close-up of the little brackets above the upper cabs. Neat touch.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Oh my! What a gorgeous kitchen. I love everything about it. I can't wait to see more pics! I have to keep scrolling back up to look at it once again. I have to say that this is one of my favorites! Every element just adds warmth and charm. I especially love your row of windows above the sink and your stunning counter tops. Enjoy!!!