Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wallycat

Silgranit..color choices..are you happy

wallycat
12 years ago

Hi again, sorry for so many posts recently.

If you own a Silgranit sink, can you post the color you chose and the color of your countertop...and are you still happy with your selection.

Blanco was wonderful in sending samples of almost all of their color choices. They are currently residing in my sink. A good way to test if they stain and if I should go darker.

We are still unsure about changing out the perimeter yucky granite tile so I am nervous about trying to match it and then discover we would change it.

I am leaning towards a darker green (faux green marble-sque) type of laminate (or if we won the lottery, real honed marble).

The Truffle looks like a PERFECT match for our current yucky counters, but would it look OK with a deeper green?

Should I get the dark brown to ensure no visible stains.

If I put a wood counter on the island (across from the sink) am I trying to match that in any way??

Any thoughts, experiences, comments are very welcome.

I realize I can always go to stainless if I have too much anxiety over this....sigh.

Comments (28)

• cj47
    12 years ago

I have an Anthracite Silgranit sink, and Formica 180FX countertops in Corbeau Montana. It's dark, black, tan and very dark green tones. (If I won the lottery, it would be soapstone.) I like the look. Here's a picture--just after rinsing some dishes so it looks a little streaky, but all it takes is a quick wipe to make it look great. I'm very happy with the sink.
    Cj

• kitchenaddict
    12 years ago

hiya wally..

Honestly I don't think these sinks stain..but mine is black (anthracite) so I guess it would be difficult to say with 100% certainty.

I am still happy that I went with this sink because it is so durable and hasn't stained or scratched.

Here it is with my Delcatus White granite...and another shot showing the grids that you asked about before.

KA:)

• badgergal
    12 years ago

Since you might go with a dark green counter top I thought you might like to see my Verde Peacock granite with the Anthracite Silgranite . I think the sink looks great with the green/black look of the countertop. So far I love the silgranite. I am finding it very easy to take care of.
    Here is a picture taken before the kitchen was completely finished.

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow, so pretty!

Does anyone think the dark brown sink would go with green?
    I don't even know if we will ever really do the perimeter, but don't want to rebuy a sink.
    The brown would ensure no dirt showing and would be OK with the wood counter we want on the island.

I am thinking of getting the Kohler-like articulating faucet...oy, my kitchen semi-remodel will look like clowns live here. Sigh.

Thank you for responding.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    12 years ago

I have Formica Basalt slate countertops, and an anthracite sink. I also love it, and I also will have soapstone someday.

• freezedried74
    12 years ago

I have anthracite wwith Santa Fe granite and absolutely love this sink. I got rid of a horribly stained white corian sink that I loathed.

• lawjedi
    12 years ago

it appears anthracite is the go-to color! I am in a similar situation - I want to change out my sink now with my mini-facelift for the kitchen. But I also want to be able to use the sink in the real-deal change down the road.

I'm 95% sure I'm going with the supersingle with the offset drain. But I can't figure out the color. I'd like it to look nice with the laminate... but REALLY want it to work for our future counter (if only I knew what it would be!). So I need the most versatile color possible.

I was thinking metallic gray is the most similar to stainless. I guess I'd like to see some samples first.

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

Well I've finally just decided on biscotti within the last week or two but truffle was a close second. I am doing a white-ish cream granite so ultimately I decided I wanted the sink to "blend in" rather than stick out. That being said, if your current counter is dark and you think your eventual counter top will also be dark, I think the truffle, metallic gray or anthracite would all work.

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all for your posts and opinions.
    I am surprised not many dark browns here.
    I am still drooling over that cool counter in the verde peacock!!
    I was not happy with the little speckles in the anthricite but it seems that is the most popular.

• badgergal
    12 years ago

When I read your response that you were not happy with the little speckles in the anthracite, I thought 'what speckles?' and had to go look at mine. I really don't think it presents itself as speckled. Everyone who has seen my new sink thinks it looks great. No one has commented about speckles. I found a more close up picture and like the others posted above it looks uniformly solid color. I'm not sure how the brown color sink would look with the green counter top but brown and green go together great on trees.
    {{gwi:1569200}}

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HAHAHA, love it...brown and green...trees...thank you for the laugh.
    Sometimes I think I am over-obsessing ...ya'think?!

• kashmi
    12 years ago

Hi, Wallycat. We have the Cafe Brown (dark brown) Silgranit sink. We were debating between it and the Anthracite. Can't tell you precisely why we chose Cafe Brown -- maybe because it was a more mellow look.

The color is more true in the first picture -- but I took the second because the drain is in the center, not the right corner (which I would have loved, but since this was a reno, the plumber said, "No" to that!

Could you PhotoShop it into Badgergal's picture with her gorgeous Verde Peacock granite to see what you think about the dark brown sink with a green countertop?

From GardenWeb Photos
    From GardenWeb Photos

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Your brown sink is beautiful.
    I rechecked my samples and my little tile from Blanco has little silvery speckles in it. Maybe it is just the sample and a large sink would not show it.
    I think maybe that is why I am leaning towards the brown...warmth. Our kitchen has stark white cabinets with the cold-glossy (to me) granite tile and it just seems so blech to me now, even with the white sink they have here.
    I guess I am answering my own question.
    Again, the tree analogy was beautifully put. Thank you.
    If we end up doing nothing to the perimeter, the brown blends in well and I am assured to stains. The Truffle is an almost PERFECT match, but I am nervous the truffle would not go with green if we went that route...though the little tile sitting in my sink makes truffle look very much like a stainless look (matte compared to the silvery gray they have) that it probably is the most universal color (next to white).
    OY! on decisions!!
    Thanks again everyone!

• grumpydave
    12 years ago

I have the Cafe Brown sink. I had to look all over before I found one to see in person. All the stores only had Anthracite on display. When I compared the Anthracite and the Cafe Brown with my cabinet and counter samples the brown was the clear winner. My new kitchen is still in progress but the sink is hooked up and I'm really happy with how it looks.

{{gwi:1588387}}

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks again everyone.
    So I think I have at least narrowed it to brown or truffle.
    2 of 6 or 7...that's not bad, right?

• Debbi Branka
    12 years ago

I have white! I love my white! Not a single stain after 1.5 years. It cleans with softsoap (Blanco recommended) and every scratch (from metal pans) comes out. I have blue pearl granite. My sink is undermounted. I'm not sure how to post pictures yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Blanco silgranite sink with blue pearl granite

• crazyhouse6
    12 years ago

I was debating between cafe brown and anthracite also. Ended up going with the brown and love it. Good luck with your decision.

• sandesurf
    12 years ago

Love our Blanco! Biscuit color for us.

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

I have biscuit and love my sink. Mine is the large single sink with the offset drain- a great feature!!! All marks come out with bar keeper's friend easily.

• Bobby99
    12 years ago

I have silk, which is similar to biscuit but a very light grey instead of cream, and I love it. It's only been in for a couple of months so I won't swear that it doesn't stain, but we've left wine glasses and cookie sheets and pans in it overnight and had no problems. Any marks have come off with the rough side of a scrubby sponge. It's my replacement for an old white kohler cast iron, which was, frankly, gross. My new sink makes me smile :)

• laurajane02
    12 years ago

Bobby, I'd love to see a photo of your silgranit sink in silk, if you have one!

• wallycat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ladies!
    I have left wine, beet juice, coffee grounds, tea bags, oil, and Iodine on the tiles.
    The iodine was sketchy....I poured boiling water over the tiles (no rubbing or cleanser) and almost all of it has come out (the other stuff easily rinsed off). I think with regular use, the iodine would not be a huge issue--even on the biscuit and biscotti colors.

I am now leaning towards the Truffle (which I see as clay-colored).

• Bobby99
    12 years ago

Here is a photo of my blanco sink in silk...

• laurajane02
    12 years ago

Thanks! Looks great!

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

I thought I wanted truffle but went with cafe brown - it is on order and should arrive in time for remodel!
    Countertop is cambria buckingham

• Rhoke813
    10 years ago

Hi I realize I'm late to this party but this is exactly my dilemma right now! We are doing a kitchen remodel. Currently have black laminate counters and anthracite silgranite sink. Putting in granite verde peacock green and thinking of going with a cafe brown sink. I also have a brownish tumbled marble backsplash and cherry cabinets. Anyone have that color combo that can share a pic? Thank you!

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I have cherry base cabinets with Magna Gold granite, no backsplash yet. We chose Cafe Brown and I love it!

• liangxinhuo1026
    10 years ago

I like the style of your kichen,but I think you need a refrigerator,I have some to show you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some kichen tools you need