Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmgch

will this look terrible?

lmgch
9 years ago

finalizing cabs today - order has already been submitted, but I've got a window to make tweaks

Issue is to the right of the fridge. Original plan called for fridge side panel to end short of return wall next to pantry. see bottom right of this image.

{{gwi:2135965}}

However, to improve function of eating area, I've decided to go with sliding barn style doors on pantry. Issue is that they will have to slide partially onto cabinet panel and wall between pantry door and fridge side panel is lot large/long enough. Frame will have to at least partially extend onto cabinet panel.

Soooo...need to make that cabinet side panel come flush to the wall.

Cabinet guy has said he can do that and will reinforce that part of the panel. and also used the space to squeeze in a narrow broom closet

see images here:
overview
{{gwi:2135966}}

center view:
{{gwi:2135967}}

side view:
{{gwi:2135968}}

head-on fridge view:
{{gwi:2135969}}

questions are:
1. does this random little broom thing look awful? I do feel it detracts b/c the closet is so narrow that it cannot accommodate a panel or any other feature (ignore weird high knob placement, that's just a function of the design software he used)

2. do you think it will look awful to have a sliding rail extending partially onto the cabinet? I am really almost dead set on figuring a way to get the barn sliders. it is simply the most functional way to make the pantry work in terms of not infringing upon eating space or internal pantry space.

thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (4)