Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me decide on island paint color!

Posted by robynstamps (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 11:41

I have to have 3 color samples picked to give my cabinet maker by next week. He will have some samples ready for me when I visit in 5 weeks. I really want a dark gray with a blue undertone. This is just for the island. The perimeter cabinets will be BM Swiss Coffee. Here are some of the swatches I'm looking at. Anyone have a favorite dark gray/blue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me decide on island paint color!

Ok...here are my pics....the paint strips..the 3rd one down....the second one in from the right...

Below the strips..the one on the bottom left with the cutout.

On my monitor these look like nice blue/grays...some of the others either look to periwinkle/baby blue or too battleship gray.

o

Thanks for your input!!

o

I like the one with the cutout just to the left of the strips.
Btw - I have about 30 sample bottles in the basement if needed.

o

Omg....I looked at these at work today and didn't realize the picture was sideways...and colors on my iPad now are different than my pc at work. So now my picks are top left with cutout...I had picked this earlier. The other one I picked looks too gray now..it was the paint strip on the left, second from the bottom. I also kind of like the larger chip in the top row on the left...am just afraid it might be a little too blue. Clear winner for me is first one with cutout top left...it looks to have the right balance of blue and gray.

o

Thank you again! I was originally going to go with a bluer gray but now I am thinking more gray. I will most likely have quartzite for my counter top and it has a lot of gray in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here