Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madeline616_gw

Anyone have/tried Delta faucet with Touch2o Technology?

Madeline616
12 years ago

Excited to have just discovered these faucets. Does anyone have any experience with them?

They have a touch-sensor technology, which turns them on when you touch anywhere on the faucet and turns off when you remove your hands from the (link to video below).

This appeals to me because we've had issues with water darkening/seeping into/staining granite countertops from the constant dripping of water from hands turning the faucet on and off. With this technology, the only time you need to touch the handle is to adjust the temperature.

I know there will still be dripping and splashing, but it seems this will minimize it, as the main dumping of water is after we wash our hands-- they're dripping wet and you turn the faucet off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Touch2o Technology

Comments (13)

• ellabee_2016
    12 years ago

I have the same faucet as epressler, the Delta Pilar, and would hate to give it up. It's been installed for almost a year, without any problems. We keep extra batteries in a nearby drawer but haven't had to use them yet.

The pulldown sprayer works a charm, no holding in a button to keep it on, and there's a magnet in the head to make docking it easy and secure. Love it, love it, love it.

• abbeys
    12 years ago

Hi Madeline,

I was happy to see your question - we purchased the delta touch20 faucet, but it is not yet installed. Prior to finding this, we considered putting in a foot pedal to avoid getting chicken juice, etc.. on the handle of the faucet. I'm glad to hear that others have had good results. We bought the "ashton" model. Good Luck!

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Great to ear how happy you are with te faucet, and excited for you, Abbeys. Look fwd to hearing how you like it.

I'm leaning toward the Delta Trinsic model, but I'm also considering the Brizo. From a search on the forums, it seems like Delta might be a little more reliable, and so a safer choice, but it's hard to say. I'm going to search out some more Brizo reviews, but either can't wait to have it installed!

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta TrInsic

• hilnaric
    12 years ago

>From a search on the forums, it seems like Delta might be a little more reliable

FWIW, Brizo is Delta's high end brand.

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ah, good to know. I wonder what the difference in technology between the two is...if any. I know Brizo has that cool blue light indicating when the sensor is engaged. I wonder if it's got more bells/whistles, therefore more to go wrong?

• Madeline616
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ah, good to know. I wonder what the difference in technology between the two is...if any. I know Brizo has that cool blue light indicating when the sensor is engaged. I wonder if it's got more bells/whistles, therefore more to go wrong?

• deeebert
    12 years ago

We have had the Delta faucet for about 6 months and love it. We also would never go back to a "regular" faucet. The Delta has the blue light signal that the sensor is engaged also, at least mine does.

• idelle57
    5 years ago

I have the Delta Addison kitchen touch 2. The faucet has never functioned properly since it was installed. It turns itself on and off and sometimes you have to squeeze the battery pack to get it working. I absolutely hate this faucet and would never purchase another one. It makes working in the kitchen a very frustrating experience. Now for some unknown reason it only delivers half the water spray so there is no pressure. This is a very bad product Delta and I am a very unhappy customer.

• Julia
    5 years ago
    We had one for about a year and a half, I liked it but my husband could never get the touch right. Then it started getting crazy and unpredictable so we got rid of it. Maybe Delta has improved on it since then.
  • Bernard Grotell
    3 years ago

I am waiting for replacement parts after one month. Delta claims that I need a different installation with a quartz countertop. I don't see special instructions on any standard videos

• Ales meska
    3 years ago

I actually have the Delta Addison kitchen touch 2. The faucet has never functioned properly because it was set up. It turns itself on and off and on occasion you need to squeeze the battery percent to get it running.

• ld_thayer
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I have the Brizo (Delta) Artesso kitchen faucet with Touch 20 and it was is the best decision. I've been incredibly happy with it since I had it installed in Dec. 2020, it is now July 2021.