Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of kitchens with BLACK appliances!

Posted by laurielep (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 24, 09 at 11:13

We are completely gutting and redoing the kitchen. Last time it was done was 1953 :)
Right now I have white appliances and we decided to go with black. We both aren't into stainless but after viewing a bunch of the finished kitchen in this forum, I noticed that the majority have stainless (which does look awesome!)
Does anyone have black? If so, post some pics for me!!
We are going with a Mocha Maple cabinet with lighter countertops (haven't picked out the counter yet)
Flooring is ceramic tile, med beige.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of kitchens with BLACK appliances!

I have some black appliances along with a stainless fridge. I was kind of concerned that a black fridge would end up being a big black hole. I'm not sure what I'll get (black or probably stainless) when I replace the DW, it was the only appliance I kept, (and it just keeps on working).

Good luck with your remodel and enjoy your new kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Long view of the kitchen

o

We have all black appliances except for a stainless range, but it has a black top!

Close up

Another view of desk

o

We went with all black appliances in our kitchen remodel.
Click on the following image for more pictures:

o

You can easily find kitchens with black appliances in the Finished Kitchens Blog by looking in the category Appliances:Black.
Now not all the kitchens in this category have only black appliances but you should be able to find many with all black.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens in FKB with black appliances

o

Sorry to hijack laurielep but I must tell momj47 that I absolute MUST have that chandelier!!! OMG, it's like it was meant to be! Here's my towel pig and his little buddy, flying pig:
Photobucket

Robin

o

this is very helpful. I will soon be making the black vs. ss decision too. I especially like seeing black with the offwhite cabs. I was concerned too much contrast, but downsy's got it right. It looks like having a lot of other black helps the overall balance.

Downsy, I notice that your microwave aligns with the bottom of your cabinets really well. Usually it seems they are a little higher or a little lower. Is that a 12" upper cab or 15"? what kind of M/W?

o

one more :)

Photobucket

o

Thank you everyone for posting pics! It's so hard to make a decision! I picked all the appliances out and it's all about color now.

o

Hi Wendy!
My cabinets above the MW are just shy of 15". These cabinets are 20 years old so maybe they made different sizes back then? LOL

We originally didn't have a MW up there when we bought the house, but asked the builder to put one in, so he had to adjust the cabs to fit the MW. The original MW was a Kenmore and we replaced it several years ago with a GE Spacemaker (XL 1400). We got lucky because it fit perfectly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here