Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Kitchen design doozies in real estate for sale

lyfia
10 years ago

I like reading this blog and today these were posted. For me at least 8 out of the 10 would require me to redo. 2 didn't bother me, but the comments were kind of funny.

Funny Real Estate: 10 Kinda Odd Kitchens For Sale

Comments (15)

• purplepansies
    10 years ago

All I can say is. . . wow.

Thanks for the laugh!

• Fori
    10 years ago

Is #10 a TV and not a passthru? I could see glare being a problem there...

Most of those seem sort of creative ways someone dealt with a particular issue, or they're not quite ready to be photographed. With a helping of weird thrown in.

Love the tile in the crackle kitchen.

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

This is why I am so surprised at the lengths people go to, or are advised to go to in tweaking a perfectly good kitchen (or other room) into a different version of a perfectly good kitchen just to put the house on the market.

I look at real estate almost every day, and see a fair number of kitchens like these, and much worse when it comes to other rooms in the house. But it's not these sorts of kitchens that usually get fixed for resale, and they are the ones that need it most.

• zeebee
    10 years ago

Oh my. Thanks for the laugh!

• new-beginning
    10 years ago

not a kitchen (the kitchen is really pretty nice except for the fact there is a LOT of wallpaper) but I should send her a photo of my friend's master suite with the "wonderful" wallpaper everywhere. If he ever decides to sell the house it will cost big bucks to remove the wallpaper in the master suite. I'll take photos the next time I'm over there.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Gotta love this solution, including the exhaust fan.

• Fori
    10 years ago

Yeah, that one! I've considered all kinds of bizarre peninsula venting myself, so I can't judge too harshly. They probably had to replace a JA-type downdraft range, came here, and were told they HAVE to updraft! :)

• aok27502
    10 years ago

OMG, my DH and I are rolling! He does home repair, so he sees a lot of things. I think my favorite is the appliances walk into a bar ... not exactly a triangle, but efficient!

• deedles
    10 years ago

No, they couldn't have come here because I actually tried out that exact idea and got 'er shot down immediately, thanks be to GW. What on earth was I thinking?

I do like the "dishwasher, stove and fridge walk into a bar..."

What could the punchline be?

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

LOL!

I think that giant island in #6 looks like some kind of weird pulpit.

• tuxedord2
    10 years ago

"The dishwasher, stove and fridge walk into a bar.." The bartender asks, " What happened? Did your Kitchen Sink?"

• goodbyekitty
    10 years ago

#10...I would have chosen a different pattern for the awning. But that's just me. lol!

• amykath
    10 years ago

WOW! Those are terrible! That skinny island is hilarious! I love the little joke comments. Thanks for the laugh!

• deedles
    10 years ago

lesmobo: exactly perfect, lol.

• Chris
    10 years ago

Yeah, love the skinny island. Can only assume it's there to lean against so you don't fall on the floor laughing when you see it!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH